Monday, November 20, 2006

Birthday Parties...

I'm sure anyone with kids gets the 'Birthday Party' invites brought home... These events are normally at places like Chuck E. Cheese, these places are designed to suck the money out of your wallet... Well, Tanner had one to go to today, so first we had to stop at Wal-Mart to get a gift (which is why people have birthday parties)... Then we dropped Tanner off at Chuck E. Cheese and I asked when to come pick him up, about an hour and a half they said... So Chance, Taylor and I went to eat, still an hour to kill... We went to a few more places, then headed back... Well, Tanner still had a cup full of tokens to use up, so of course I had to get some for Chance and Taylor... So needless to say, four and a half hours after leaving the house this morning we finally made it back home. The kids had 50 cents worth of useless trinkets and I was out fifty bucks... We did have fun though, so I suppose it was worth it, I think though that instead of sending out birthday party invites, people should just send out requests saying, "It's my kids birthday, so if you just send him/her 20 bucks, we won't send your kid an invite to the party"... :) That way everyone wins! I guess that just makes too much sense though... :) I do kind of like that machine that 'draws' the pictures though...



3 comments:

Matthew said...

I love that picture of Taylor, although Carolyn didn't care for it, said her hair looked as if it needed attention... I love it though... :)

Petra said...

I was thinking that was a great photo of Taylor - she's so cute (of course, Darby's hair is almost always in need of some attention so I guess I didn't notice if Taylor's hair was - LOL). They are all good photos! :)

I know what you mean about Chuck E Cheese and parties. I guess the kids have fun at them, but they are such a hassle and money vacuum for the parents. Oh well. What can ya' do??? :)

Tim said...

Good photos. We like that machine also and have some fun photos with the boys.