Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Holidays...

Well, they are here... We have our Thanksgiving dinner planned and everyone is happy about the menu... Of course once that is over, the aspect of dragging all the 'stuff' out of the attic and setting it up was weighing on me until about ten minutes ago... Taylor came into my office with a picture from last year and asked me, "Dad, are we going to do the lights and stuff like we did last year?". Of course I replied, "Yes, of course, do you like them?". To which she replied, "Yes, I can't wait, I'll help you set them up this year Dad."...

Immediately after hearing that, the sense of drudgery passed, now I can't wait either... So soon there will be lights, wreaths, trees, etc all over the house and a great time will be had by all while we decorate our home for the holidays! I do though throughout the endeavour make sure my children know the reason for the season... I'm sure I'll post pics of it all... :)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I do love the Christmas season, the lights, the decorations, all of it! I do make sure my children know that the reason we do this is because it is the birthday of Jesus, and what better reason to go all out?...

Petra said...

We dragged the boxes out of the shed yesterday... I say "we", but actually I asked Justice if he wanted to get them so I did nothing except tell him where the keys to the shed were. It's nice when the kids get older. :)