Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Facts...

You hear it everywhere... "Well, science says x, y and z, so how can you prove God exists?"... Now this new film says, "The Color of the Cross" and they depict Jesus as a black Jew... Who is right and who is wrong? "Well, my version of the Bible is more accurate than yours"... On and on it goes...

I don't pretend that my voice is the voice of authority, but I do know one thing... God did unleash Satan and his angels on the earth to try and get as many people as they could to turn their backs on God... Not only that, but He gave Satan dominion over the earth... My cousin had an interesting post on this today, Satan Hits a Homerun!, an interesting read...

You hear people talk about the 'end times', people have been talking about that since the day of the Resurrection... Who is to say if we are in the 'end times' or not... Not us!

Maybe we are, maybe not... The only thing we should be concerned with is, "Are you ready?"...

The thing that science cannot 'prove', the thing that people argue about, faith... I think that people who claim to believe in God argue about the stupidest of things... I doubt God is pleased... Of course I don't know that for a fact... What I do though, is read the Bible and use my own judgement... Which God has given me the faculties to do... I've virtually discarded all of the books, opinion pieces, etc that everyone else writes and stick with the Word... I'm so sick of getting tied up in the tedious "Well, you have to understand the Greek"; "You have to know the Hebrew"; etc, etc, etc...

No, you don't... God promised us He would make His Word available to all, you don't need a degree, nor do you need to understand Greek and Hebrew... Of course you can't tell the so-called scholars that...

I'll take the Bible I have and make my own opinions based on what it says... I'm tired of arguing with people about all the "little things"... Of course I'll continue to do so if I disagree, but always in a nice way... :)

I do have an open mind, believe it or not... There are a few things where I do not though: I believe there is a God, I believe that He will one day come back and take us (if we have accepted Him) to heaven if we are still alive, I believe that God gave everyone talents, yet most don't use them... I also believe that God will judge us all some day... It's a fascinating topic, and therefore the arguments...

3 comments:

Petra said...

I agree with you there... all the tedious little arguments about things that we will never know 'for sure' until we get to heaven are exhausting. It's one thing to have an opinion and even have a friendly debate about it. But there does seem to be a lot of Christians who think every person needs to agree with them down to the last minute detail. They fail to see the big picture.

I like this quote:
"Don't minor on the major, and don't major on the minor." :)

Joshua Goodling said...

You're blog is being taken over by aliens!

Tim said...

Umm Alien has a interesting site?

I agree Matt, there is alot of that at AiG. I guess in a large group of believers you will have that, but I tend to shy away from people that are always wanting to argue different points of scripture. It is pretty clear what the scriptures say.