Sunday, October 21, 2007

So Anyway...

I decided to build the top for the bar today...

I've had that planer for a few years, but this is only the second time I've used it. It's one of those tools that is rarely used, but when you need it, it is GREAT!!

It actually didn't take long to build, the longest part was getting those boards cut and planed...

Tis done! Well, almost, I have to sand it some more and put a piece of trim on the edge there... One more thing down, about a gazillion to go!!!

Once that was done, I replaced the carburetor on Chance's dirt bike, but it still has some issues, I'm going to have to either take it somewhere or I think the kid across the street may be able to fix it, I'm going to ask him tomorrow. It may just be the spark plug, I'm going to get one tomorrow and see... I'll keep you posted, I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles about it... :)

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, doesn't look that hot now, but once I sand it some more, put some filler in, stain it and seal it I think it will look great!! :)

We'll see of course!

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome and I wish I had the time to do that work. I have a bunch of plans for my house, but I'm not the carpenter I wish I were. I guesss that it will take a hit and miss and a lot of sore fingers. I think it looks great and keep up the good work.

Petra said...

bar looks great! (i can picture it stained, etc.) :)

I used a planer when I was in shop class in high school (building my cedar chest) - it was kind of fun to use, actually.

Titus said...

looks great!

Matthew said...

It wasn't the spark plug, it was the spark plug wire... So I know everyone will rest easy tonight knowing we solved that little dilemma... :)