Monday, October 08, 2007

GREAT!!

So I was merrily hooking up the gas to the pool heater, and when I was about to hook up the last piece I REALIZED it was the wrong size!!

Of course I suppose it is my fault, I asked the guy who installed it what size the connection was and he told me it was a half inch... I never thought to actually check myself, I just went and got half inch fittings... Well, turns out it is THREE QUARTERS!!! I suppose it's not really THAT big of a deal, I can just take the half inch fittings off from the bell reducer on and use those when I hook up the water heater, but still!! Speaking of idiots, I heard someone on the radio mention this and found it mildly amusing:

9 Things I Hate About People

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their ass to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their asses!

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short". What the ef?? Life is the longest thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here?

Taylor and Bo!

A few moments before this picture, Bo bit Taylor on the leg. I was pretty stern with the dog, and I don't think Taylor OR the dog knew what to think... At the end of the day though, Bo I think knows not to bite people and Taylor knows that dogs need to be trained (I think)... If somebody doesn't spend more time training that dog though, I'm getting rid of it! I don't have the time nor the inclination to do it, but dogs HAVE to be trained! We'll see how that works out. I remember when Cory was nine, he had a dog named Hoss, but Cory would never play with it or spend time with it. I kept telling him dogs REQUIRE attention, spend time with Hoss or we'll give it to a family that will... I ended up putting a sign up at the local pet store and a nice family came and took Hoss away... Having animals is a responsibility that requires time and patience. I know once you SPEND the time to train them they are WELL worth it if that's what you want! I AM NOT an animal person, kudos to those who are though!!! :)

3 comments:

Petra said...

lol @ the nine things.

cute photo of Taylor with Bo... yeah, that was one of the problems with Hannah (our dog) - she wasn't trained properly. :(

WHO is marci? said...

that is a cute pic of her with the dog, tim and matt both were bit by a dog I was sitting for when they were little - tim had to have stitches even - I took the dog 'away'!!!

stupid dog.

LOL at the 9 things, there are a LOT more of those too that I get all the time, I meet so many people and it is constantly amazing to me that most of them are even able to keep going!!

Tim said...

Funny 9 things. People do say weird stuff all the time, I usually think the reponses but reply nicely :).

Dogs do have to be trained, Wiggles has a few issues because of not being trained properly