Saturday, September 22, 2007

Okay, It's Not Progressing Quickly Enough, But Whatever...

So Zach did show up and brought a friend with him... They worked for about an hour or so I guess, then the friend had to go home, but he didn't have a ride. His mom said she would come get him if he gave her $10 for gas... Wow! He started acting like he thought I would take him home, so I clued him in real quick that wasn't going to happen! Do I have taxi stamped anywhere on me?? He finally got one of his friends to come get him and left, Zach and I kept working...

Putting down about 20 or so bags of manure and top soil to mix with the clay we have here so hopefully we can get some grass growing...

Oh, and Tanner got a dog!! That boy has been wanting a dog for so long, so he decided he wanted one for his birthday! Carolyn found this one somewhere, forget where, but it cost like $300 bucks! First time in my life I have ever spent that much on a pet! Then there are the accessories! Tanner loves it SO much though, it was worth it! They are in there as I type 'fixing' up the space for the dog, I think he named it Bo, but not 100% sure on that yet... :)

Ready for the fence! Moments after I took this photo it started pouring down rain, which is why I am blogging! I think it has stopped now though, so I better get back to it!

8 comments:

Petra said...

You gave in about the dog?!?! I'm in shock! :) What kind of puppy is that? Is it pure bred? Our border collie (that we had for less than a year) was 500 bucks. :-P Yours looks like a spaniel of sorts - cocker?

Matthew said...

It's a cocker spaniel... So they tell me... It is pure bred, so they say... As you can tell, I DON'T know all the details! I've already informed everyone that I AM not going to take care of it! :)

As I type, Tanner and Taylor are sleeping with it! They love it, but they will ALSO take care of it!! :)

Matthew said...

So I just got up, and the dog saw me and started barking, I don't think Tanner was too happy when I told him to get up and take the dog out to use the restroom... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes - that's the reason I don't own a dog - you have to take them out! Sometimes I think it would be cool to have a little dog running around and stuff - but then I remind myself of how much work it is. Especially since I don't have my own yard or anything to let it run around in.

Petra said...

is the dog already potty trained? How old is he? Yeah, my kids had to take care of Hannah when we had her - but they were okay with that as they knew that going in... Jarvis never complained about going around the yard with a grocery bag picking up all the poop b/c he REALLY wanted a dog. We're talking about trying again (with a SMALLER breed) once we move again (no pets allowed here). :)

Jackie said...

YIPPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!! YOU GOT A DOG!!! I love it!!!

That is the best kind of dog, I think for all of you. My mom had a cocker and it was so sweet and smart and just wants to be with you! I am soo happy for you guys! Tanner and Bo look adorable together! GREAT JOB!!!

Now I expect to see many pics of the pup as it grows up! :D

OH yea ... yard looks great, too !! LOL!! Apparently, I am distracted and OHHH so excited that you got a dog!! YEAH!!

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie! Yeah, Tanner LOVES it!! I'll post plenty of pics! :)

You know Petra, I'm not sure, but it seems to be. I've not seen any messes yet, not that I'd be the one cleaning them up or anything I might add! :)

Tim said...

That's is great about the dog. He looks adorable :). They probably won't mind taking care of the dog, I never did.