Friday, September 21, 2007

Busy Weekend Ahead...

Yeah, I'm getting tired just thinking about it! I've reached the point where I HAVE to get that damn fence up period! So today, we cleaned up the worksite and loaded everything in the trailer to take to the dump in the morning. Once that is done, I've got to move a LOT of earth, which is brutal manual labor, but it HAS to be done, so be it...

THAT'S what I have to work with! I have to level all that out so I can actually PUT the fence up, should be a blast! :)

Just got through loading the trailer with all the debris that has piled up during the whole building process, so we'll take that to the dump in the morning, then go get the rental tool, then get to work! We'll see how much I get done...

4 comments:

Matthew said...

The GOOD news is that Nate's mom just stopped by, and asked if I needed Zach to come over and help... I said yes of course! So hopefully he does come over, I think he likes helping me though because I pay him ten bucks an hour and his parents only pay him six bucks an hour... (They own a pizza joint down the road, and he works there)

Matthew said...

No, the deck isn't done yet!! As you can tell from the second pic... I've got to get it done by October 21st though, because that is when my building permit expires! I'm going to tackle that in the next few weeks though, how hard can it be?? :)

Petra said...

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a fun weekend. Hopefully you get it all done quickly though, so you can move on to the deck. I'm sure you'll be glad when it's all finished. :)

and p.s. I don't believe for a second that you'll just stop when you finish all these projects... you'll start tearing down walls in the house, building a third story, etc. :)

Jackie said...

It is looking good. Won't it be nice to have yet another thing to cross off your to-do list!!

It is raining here today... I see a lazy day in our future! :D