Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Monsters...

Do they exist? I tucked my kids in not long ago, and I've noticed for a while that Chance and Tanner always have pillows and blankets shoved around where the bed meets the wall... I asked Chance tonight why... He did not immediately tell me until I told him the story when I was his age...

We used to have trundle beds, and I always was on the one that got pulled out, I used to always fear that 'monsters' would somehow come through the 'crack' so I would always put pillows and blankets there to stop them...

After I told Chance and Tanner that story, they thought it was cool, so they admitted that they were in fact doing the same thing...

Funny! Kids are so funny it's amazing!

4 comments:

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes, I remember those trundle beds and the crack! I used to stay as far away from the crack as I could get!!

That always reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes and the "monsters under his bed"

http://www.calvinandhobbeshideout.com%5Ccalvin%20and%20hobbes%20strips.htm
(monsters about 1/2 way down the page)

Petra said...

I used to have to have my sheets tucked in around the edges because I thought if my sheets were loose, the monsters could come in that way and grab my feet. The sheet and blanket tucked around me protected me though - LOL

Yes, monsters do exist... in the form of demons. I pray for protection from demons in our house daily. The spiritual war is very real and those who are not as sensitive to the presence of evil around them seem to be oblivious of it. I'm sure we could start a whole discussion on the topic.

Tim said...

I used to fill the cracks with pillows to stop from being "grabbed" myself. The boys used to always want the closet door shut but seem to have outgrown it.

Matthew said...

LOL... Funny how kids (maybe all of them) feel like that... I think the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons do a good job of 'describing' how a lot of kids feel... It's one of the few cartoons I can read and actually be amused by... :)