Saturday, April 12, 2008

They Don't Get It!!

So Carolyn had taken the kids to get haircuts, and I was hungry... I had to run down to the store, so decided to stop at McDonalds to get something to eat. I ordered, then paid, then pulled up to the window to get my food. The girl told me, "Can you please pull up?". "Why?", I asked. There was no one behind me I might add. "Because the food isn't ready yet." she said. "I'll take my money back then", I replied. A blank look came over her face, she told someone, "He wants his money back". The window shut, I sat there. A minute later, she opened the window with my food. "Do you still want the food?", she asked. "Yeah, if it's ready", I replied. Off I went... I didn't even WANT McDonalds food, but pull forward??? I WON'T do it. I used to just refuse to do it, but I read a story about someone who got arrested for that, so now I just tell them I want my money back... :) If I wanted to wait, I'd go home and microwave something...

Yeah, I DID take the kids to Sparkles this morning. I took a lot of pictures, but for some reason this is the only one that actually turned out. Perhaps I need to read the manual for my camera... Yeah, I'll get around to that SOON!! The good news is I got to page 353 in the book I'm reading... :)

After we got back from Sparkles, Carolyn took the kids to get haircuts and to get a new tire for the van. I was actually about to drag out the parka and the kids came and asked me if they could swim. I was like, "Isn't it cold?" "No, we think it's warm" they replied. Whatever, if you don't think it's cold, swim! They did... :)

I was FREEZING watching them, but they did not seem to mind...

I spent the rest of the day trying to get that trim up... Finally got it though... Wow!

So I suppose I'll leave you with a photo a day from now on when I work on the pool house, see if you can spot the difference from the day before... :)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Or not, whatever... :)

I'm hoping to finish that trim tomorrow, we'll see how that works out...

Petra said...

Pool house is looking so so so good!

My kids would be out there swimming too. Crazy! lol.

No photos of the haircuts? :)

Matthew said...

LOL! You couldn't tell they got haircuts from the swimming pics?? :)

I'll take one today...

Tim said...

Looking awesome Matt. The boys would be probably be swimming also :). Something about being young. I need to take the kids skating again, I do like roller skating. My children are somewhat athletically handicapped, I am thinking they get it from LeRoy :P.