Friday, April 18, 2008

New Addition...

I'd say I've been busy, but whatever... I suppose I have been, but how long does it take to blog?? Yeah, exactly! Anyway... We have a new addition to the Goodling family here... My wife's sister came down today from Knoxville and brought us Blackie...

Chance and Blackie

I didn't really want it, but apparently I was outvoted. The cat is here and Mike and Linda are gone. The cat does seem nice enough though. She likes to hang out under my desk, but it doesn't really bother me. I guess I'll survive so long as the cat doesn't go to the bathroom in the house... :) The kids LOVE her btw... They were trying to come up with a new name for her, but I finally told them, "What if I changed your name right now?" They decided to stay with Blackie... So Blackie is officially a new member of our household... :)


Update! Blackie has decided this shall be her perch... For now at least... :)

6 comments:

Titus said...

LOL. too funny the she wants to hang with you in the office! I'm glad you got her, she looks beautiful! Did you get a kitty litter station set up? Also curious as to how her and Bo get on?

Lots of questions, I know, but one more.. I read World Without End, didn't think it matched up to Pillars of the Earth, but was okay, you?

Matthew said...

She is a very nice cat, and I don't even like cats... I like Blackie though, so that's good!

Not sure about the "kitty litter station", I don't do that. Carolyn and the kids went to get it earlier, is it set up? Who knows, I haven't checked... :)

I'm still on page 353 of World Without End, so I'll let you know... :) So far though, yeah, Pillars of the Earth was better....

Matthew said...

Oh yeah, her and Bo have not yet met... Bo only comes in the house for VERY short periods and pretty much lives in the garage... Except during the day of course, when he is outside on his tether... Will be interesting the next time Bo comes in though, I'll let you know how that works out... :)

Jackie said...

What a beautiful kitty!! Congratulaions!!!

Blackie is soo cute and has such a sweet face.

Is she/he going to be an inside cat or outside? And how old is Blackie... look at me, also full of questions!! :D

I am sure Bo will want to chase him/her at first, but then they will be just fine. Ok, one more Q. Is it a boy or a girl??? :D

Matthew said...

We think the cat is about 2 years old, and it is an inside cat unfortunately... :)

It's also a girl... :)

Petra said...

I love cats. We'll get one next time we move (can't have pets here).

I am reading Pillars of the Earth. I'm only on like page 150ish though. It's interesting, but definitely not the best book I've ever read. Of course, maybe it gets better.