Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finally!!!

I spent most of the day painting, and I HATE painting, but I'd rather do it myself, because I HATE drips even more than I hate painting... :)

The kids swam, although I still am not sure how. They actually swam several times today, but this pic was taken about 7:30 and the sun was going down and there was a breeze, NOT me! :)

Anyway, I FINALLY got the pool house sealed off from the elements, what, almost ten months to the day from when I started it. I started it on June 21st of last year. Of course it's mostly been sealed off except for that door above the bar. Which will slide up and down depending on whether the bar is open or closed... :)

6 comments:

Matthew said...

I did get the rest of the trim painted today as well, so hopefully, I'll get it all up tomorrow... :)

Titus said...

looks great! noticed that opening in the fence.. do the deer go in at night?

i got back to monterey last night, and spent all day cleaning the yard in the back and side of the house.. wow - it's around 45 degrees here, in rocklin it's about 80.

Matthew said...

Amazingly enough they don't, I left that open intentionally because I've got to haul more dirt out where I'm putting the fire pit, I actually hope to get it done tomorrow so that last panel can go up... :)

We'll see how that works out! Yeah, I could NOT live in Monterey!! The two times I've been there, in the dead of summer I might add, it's FREEZING in the morning and at night! I know some people complain about the weather hear in Atlanta, but I PREFER 90 or 100 degrees rather than cold! Of course today it was only 76 I think, I'll take it though... :)

Matthew said...

That would be "here in Atlanta"... Jeez!

Jackie said...

YIPPPPYYY!!!!!! It's done!! It looks amazing!!!! Congratulations!!

Can't wait to see it in action.

I am with you both. I love Monterey. My family is here and it is so pretty, but I too am very tired of always being cold. I look forward to be able to buy and wear a pair of shorts. Come to think of it... I don't own a pair now! How sad is that? I must go shopping then!! :D

Petra said...

Oh man - I hear you on the weather! I would much rather be hot than cold. The weather here in WA is killing me. And during the two whole weeks of summer when it might get up to 87 degrees, people think it's excruciatingly hot. It's funny actually. :)