Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally!!

Yeah, I know I've used that title before, but hey, I've had a few FINALLY moments lately!! :)

I got the trim on the bar, just have to stain it, I would have done it today, but it was kind of rainy off and on, so I didn't...

THIS is the exciting part, I'm getting all the outlets and switches installed, and that means drywall is NEXT!! Of course anyone who knows anything about building, once the drywall is done, you are near the end!! So hopefully within the next week or two, I will be ready for drywall!! I'll be SO glad when this is done!

I also have a new hero! I'm not sure who came up with this, but whoever did is my hero! Rather than the usual twist on connectors, you just connect all the electrical connections with these. No more trying to connect four or five wires in an incredibly tight space and HOPING it holds!! I'll NEVER use those other ones again! :)

9 comments:

Petra said...

'near the end' - YAY!!! :)

Tim said...

I'll tell LeRoy about the wire thingys. Anything that saves time is great :).

Matthew said...

Those 'wire thingys' have been amazing! I'm amazed no one ever thought of it before...

Tim said...

Do they have a particular name?

Titus said...

be great to finally start hanging drywall eh?!!

i'd like to know what those are called too :)

Matthew said...

The ones I used are made by Gardner Bender and are called PushGard... I bought some other ones today though and they were made by somebody else, I suppose I could trek out to the pool house and see...

The ones I got today are made by Ideal Industries and are called In-Sure Push-In Wire Connectors...

Use them once, and you will NEVER use those other cap, twist on things again!! :)

I did the main switch box today with four switches in it, plus the wire from the breaker box, worked like a charm, had I tried to use those others, I'd still be trying to make sure the connections were secure... :)

Matthew said...

YES, I can't wait to start hanging drywall!! I'm nearly done now with the electrical, I have a little more soldering to do and I'm ready!!

I am thinking I am going to hire someone to finish the drywall though, I suck at it and I HATE doing it!!

Tim said...

I hate drywall too :). LeRoy hired our drug neighbors in Knoxville to hang it in our house. Very polite people :). Thanks for the name.

Titus said...

Looks great!!

--- Jackie