Monday, April 14, 2008

Picture Scam...

Umm... I mean this years school pictures... Use to be, they would send a proof, this year they sent all the pictures... Once I GOT them, Chance had already given one of the 'Family Pack' ones to one of his friends, which essentially is the sheet that has the pictures on the plastic that you can tear out and put on your key chain, use as a bookmark, etc... So I basically already had to buy that sheet I suppose... Not that we don't always buy them, but damn... Of course they say that it is a $60.00 value to buy all five sheets, but you can have them for $45.00... Huh?? Isn't this 2008? Where I can print professional prints from my PC for pennies?? I wonder how long this scam will go on? Anyway, here they are:

Chance

Tanner

Taylor

9 comments:

Matthew said...

No, I DIDN'T choose the clothes they wore, and YES, they do actually have clothes that aren't ripped and dirty... What can you do... :)

Titus said...

they look gorgeous! can't wait to see you guys again!

Jackie said...

LOVE THE PICS!!!!

Kids are so cute!!! :D

Matthew said...

I'll have to agree with you both!!! :)

Petra said...

The last few years, we just get an order form BEFORE the photos, so we don't even get to see them first. Which is so retarded. What if they suck? Anyway, I buy the absolute smallest package which usually includes 2 5x7s and 2 wallets. I think I used to buy the whole package - but hello - I have a million kids now. $45 apiece adds up quick. Even that tiny package is like 16 bucks - which I think is SUCH a ripoff!!!

I should scan my kids school photos and post them too. Didn't even cross my mind. lol

Your kids' photos are really cute. :)

Tim said...

Kids look awesome! We haven't gotten ours back yet :). I forget what the kids were wearing, probably something odd :P. Doesn't part of the proceeds benefit the school? Seems like ours does.

Matthew said...

Yes, some of the proceeds do help the school, which is why I don't really mind buying them... :)

It just irritates me I suppose that it is always a VERY small handful of people that assist... I suppose that's how it will always be though...

Tim said...

I think it is how it will be, there are people that give back and those that never seem to find the "time". I am just glad that I am one of the ones that gets to know the joy of giving. I can't imagine always taking and never know what it feels like to be able to help out whether it is a school, person or church.

Petra said...

Yeah, I've never been informed of any of the photo proceeds helping the school. lol. I don't even always buy them. Only if I can afford it at the time. Since I take so many photos of the kids myself anyway.