Thursday, April 10, 2008

Directions, huh???

So yeah, I didn't read the directions on how to install that siding... Day before yesterday, I noticed it all buckling in the back and on the side. I went back and read the directions, and oh, I was supposed to leave a 3/16" of a gap between the panels and a 1/16" gap between the nail and the panel... Yeah, I didn't do that. So I have spent the past two days tearing if off and redoing it. Ugh!! Tis done now though, and all per the directions!! :)

Also, I did not have the corner pieces that came with the siding, so I had to make my own. I spent a good part of the day doing that and painting them...

I got some of the trim up, after making it and painting it. Going to look nice I think!

I also got that fence around the pool equipment done... I'd probably be MUCH further along if I had not had to rip off all the siding and redo it, but whatever... :)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, I'm sure everyone will tire of pics of the pool house progress, but whatever, that's what I'm doing right now... Although the kids are trying to talk me into taking them skating tomorrow, and it might rain, so who knows, I just might... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

It's interesting seeing your progress....I like the pictures. Poolhouse is looking really nice!

Jackie said...

LOL!! Directions... totally overated!! :D

Have fun skating! Enjoy the break.

Petra said...

I'm not tired of the photos. I love them! :)

It's coming right along!!! :)