Sunday, February 03, 2008

Yeah, I'm Watching It...

Why? I have no idea, I didn't have anything else going on... So I thought I'd watch the Super Bowl, here it is half time and I'm wondering why I wasted my time! This game is SO boring you can't make it up! The commercials have been SO stupid, I can't believe they paid $2.7 million for each of the 30 second spots... Wow! I haven't seen a commercial YET that was even mildly entertaining! I don't even like football, so not sure why I'm watching the game. I spoke to my neighbor earlier, he came over to get some beer. I told him I didn't know if I was going to watch the game or not, he told me he was just going to watch it to see the commercials, well, the commercials have ALL sucked thus far! I should go into advertising! We'll see how the rest of the game unfolds. Carolyn and I decided to head downstairs during the half time show, but I suppose we'll head back up once the third quarter starts, why? Who knows! Whatever...

9 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, here it is nearing the end of the third quarter and I'd rather check my blog! I have yet to see a commercial that was entertaining, and the game sucks frankly! This is why I don't bother watching football...

Matthew said...

Yeah, I was rooting for the Patriots, but they lost...

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes, I was pulling for the Patriots too! That was quite the upset! The first 3 quarters were quite boring - nothing happening, but the 4th quarter was a little more exciting....and no, I didn't think ANY of the commercials were worth the money the spent on them....the baby talking about e-trade was kind of cute - but that was about the only one I liked.

Matthew said...

I can't really believe I even watched the game, but yeah, it was a pretty boring game until the last half of the fourth I suppose...

Jackie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! :D That was a great game! We had a blast! We were rooting for the Giants! :D Payton (Manning :D, big brother :D) is always the favorite, and poor Eli gets nothing! I am so happy to see Eli do well and get the praise that he deserves. How awesome is it that two brothers win back to back Super Bowls and are BOTH MVP! Too cool! I love it! :D

Commercials... not the best, but ok. I thought the one in the beginning with the guy saying he is going for a "cheese" run was clever. Yeah, the baby one was good. And the stain that was talking, HILARIOUS! Worked for me, I may need to go out now and get the stain remover. :D

Petra said...

We have no TV channels here, except a few blurry ones in the boys room - if we can get them to come in at all. So, no, I didn't even attempt to watch (although I do usually enjoy the superbowl). My kids filtered over to our neighbor's house one by one, and Andy headed over there by the fourth quarter, so I guess he got to see the best part of the game. He was rooting for the Giants too, so he was excited. :)

Titus said...

i thought it was one of the best superbowls i have ever seen!

Matthew said...

I hardly ever watch football myself... :)

Andrea said...

Well we were rooting for the Patriots. We lost.

I HATED the first baby commercial (where he threw up), but LOVED the second one (where he underestimated the creepiness). lol. It was the best one all night.

I don't like football myself. But ya know. When in Rome and all that jazz.