Monday, February 04, 2008

Not Much Going On Here...

So I saw this article about how they might make an Arrested Development movie:

Jason Bateman Confirms Arrested Development Movie Talks...

Might be pretty good if they keep the same characters... :)

Of course tomorrow is the primary here, along with about 21 other states, hope everyone votes. Remember the discussion on Petra's site about how Obama was a muslim? Well, I e-mailed him to inquire, not expecting to get a response of course... I did though:

"Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting us about false and slanderous rumors against Senator Obama. Senator Obama is a committed Christian and has never been a member of any other religion. He joined the United Church of Christ nearly 20 years ago and was sworn into the Senate on the Bible.

Please see the Senator's reply below. We encourage you to share it with others who have heard this story. You can also click here to get the facts:


Obama is a committed Christian.

Sincerely,

Obama for America


He went on to say:

"Thank you for inquiring about the false rumor circulating in cyberspace and fanned by the right wing media that I was educated in a madrassa when I was a child living with my mother in Indonesia."

More followed of course, if you want it I'll forward it to you... I'm sure it's his "canned speech" to whoever asks, but hey, I thought I'd ask... :) No, I STILL haven't decided who I will vote for tomorrow... Not that Obama would need my vote here in Georgia, because I think he will take this state on the Democratic side. I'll likely vote for a Republican in the primary though, come the General?? Who knows, I guess it depends on who is there to vote for. I suppose though, as I've stated before, it will come down to voting for who I dislike the least...

8 comments:

Petra said...

I hope they make an Arrested Development movie! I still can't believe that show got canceled!

I saw a similar statement when I was researching Obama. Nothing surprising there.

Matthew said...

LOL! You read all the stuff on the Internet about him being a muslim, I don't see anything out there that points to that... :)

Petra said...

Of course not - he wouldn't have that. :)

Actually, they downplay the school he attended (everyone there was Muslim, but it wasn't necessarily a 'muslim school' - or something like that), and he downplays his stepfathers religion (something about how his brand of Islam included Buddhism, Hinduism and something else... whatever).

There's so many things I disagree with, though, that it doesn't really matter.

I do think he's a better choice than Hillary though.

Matthew said...

True, but the facts would be out there, we live in a digital age, the Clintons would have dug it up for sure, if no one else did.

If there was ANY truth to his ties to Islam, the Clintons WOULD know it and would have played that card by now, rather than Clinton just tearing up again today... :)

Although I don't think it much matters, we'll know Wednesday likely who the Republican nominee is, the Democrats could still be fighting for months the way they split up their delegates. Although if Hillary wins big tomorrow, I don't know how Obama can stop her, if she does win, I wonder if she'll choose him? I also wonder if McCain could beat a Hillary/Obama ticket? I can't stand McCain though, he has betrayed his own party too many times, and it's always for his own political fortune. At least Hillary doesn't betray her own party, and I never thought I would hear myself saying it, but if McCain gets the Republican nod, and Hillary gets the Democrat nod, I'm voting for Hillary. Wow!!

Matthew said...

I HAVE decided that I'm voting for Romney tomorrow though... :)

Matthew said...

Which I might add, is ALSO something I never thought I would do in a million years... I guess that's what happens when you can't really stand ANY of the people running, you just try to find the ones you agree with on some things... I'm voting for Romney because I think he has a much greater understanding of economics than anyone else, which is the ONLY reason I'm voting for him... I knew everyone was DYING to hear that... :)

Tim said...

better of two evils, eh? :).

An arrested development movie would be awesome, with the same characters of course.

Matthew said...

LOL! Exactly TImberly! I can't really stand anyone of them, but I also don't think anyone of them is capable of destroying America in four years either like some of the fanatics you hear do. I don't want my taxes raised either, but if it comes down to McCain and Clinton or Obama, they are all virtually the same. McCain has opposed all the tax cuts... When it comes to "hawks", I know McCain claims he is the one, but I think Hillary is just as much of a "hawk", so not much difference there... :)