Thursday, September 21, 2006

Problem with America...

According to a recent Washington Post poll, the percentage of Americans who don't know what year the 9/11 attacks occurred is 30%, the percentage of people who don't know what day and month the 9/11 attacks occurred, ready? 5%!

The first thing that needs to be done, is go ahead and round up the 5% and ban them from voting in ANY election every again! I can almost, but just barely, see where the 30% could forget the year, well, no I can't... Not sure if their right to vote should be taken away, but how could anyone not know that as much as it is talked about??

Everyone I have ever talked to about 9/11 not only knows what they were doing, but can describe in explicit detail pretty much their whole day's activities...

Wow!!

3 comments:

Petra said...

That's insane! 5% didn't know what day/month? Wow. Reminds me of those interviews with people on the street Jay Leno used to do (or maybe he still does them - I haven't watched him in years b/c he totally gets on my nerves)... he would ask questions like "who is our vice president?" and people were clueless.

Matthew said...

LOL... Those interviews Jay Leno did used to floor me... Wow! :)

Daniel said...

That's incredible. . . but, I do find that most people pay almost no attention to political stuff or world news of any kind.