Sunday, September 17, 2006

Camping Season...

So now that the weather is getting cooler at night, we decided to finally officially 'break' in our new camping gear we got last Christmas (which we have only used in the backyard one night)... So off to Stone Mountain Park we went...


Getting our stuff out of the van at our campsite... You would have thought we were going to be stranded in the wilderness for a few weeks, when it was actually only ONE night... :)



I told the kids to go start gathering firewood while I got the tent setup...




It's kind of a pain setting the tent up, but it has to be done... :)



Tent is setup, camp site is ready, kids have all claimed their 'spots' in the tent...



Of course once the camp site was prepared, what's the first thing to do when you go to Stone Mountain Park? Climb the mountain of course, but we chose to ride the Swiss cable car to the top instead and just walk down... :) Picture of the carving on the way up...

3 comments:

Matthew said...

In that one picture, I look like I have a brand or something on my forehead, hey, what can I say, I'm getting older... I'll be 40 next year... :)

Matthew said...

Oh we had a blast, I'm just not the camping type... :) I do it though because my kids like it... We have just entered camping season here in GA, so we may go again, who knows... I could give a damn about football, so that does not interfere... :)

Petra said...

Ah, Stone Mountain. I'd like to take my kids there sometime, but I think we'll stay in a hotel. :) Actually, my kids LOVE camping and so does Andy, so I suffer through it every once in a blue moon. Thankfully, Andy doesn't mind taking the kids camping on his own while I stay home with whomever of the kids are too little to go (that's my excuse anyway - I'll have to come up with something new in a few years). :D