Sunday, September 17, 2006

Camping Part V...

I can't believe it keeps cutting me off, whatever...


At the Laser Show, the kids love it!! Yes, I know that Chance's shirt is filthy, what can you do? He is an active child!! :)




Back from the Laser Show, fire is started, kids are roasting marshmallows...




The kids were 'telling ghost stories'... They are so funny...



I did not bring an alarm clock, this was my wake up call... I did wake up about 5:00AM, but went back to sleep... About 7:20, I heard (an unmistakable sound of a tree coming down) that is a sound that can hardly be replicated... Unless you have lived in the city all your life... I heard it start to come down, IMMEDIATELY woke up, climbed out of the tent, then heard it crash... Along with most of the other campers... Wow! It fell about 200 feet from our camp site... You want a wake up call, that will do it...




You can look at the tree and tell it is rotten, the roots were done, this tree fell literally about 200 feet away from our tent...

You know, I don't even really like camping, I would rather stay in a hotel... So we have packed the 'gear' away, not sure if we will use it again or not, we'll see... We did have a good time, but camping is not really for me... We'll use a hotel next time... :)

11 comments:

Matthew said...

You know, the kids like it, which is the ONLY reason I do it... I would rather stay at the Crowne Plaza or some other hotel... Take this morning, I went to take a shower, there was no shelf to put my things on, only a hook... the floor was wet and dirty, I can hardly do it...

I imagine I will do the whole camping thing again, and again, but once the kids are grown, Carolyn and I have a rule: HOTELS only!! :)

Unless the grandkids want to go camping that is... :)

Matthew said...

So I just tucked my babies in and I decided to take a poll, camp or hotel?? The answer was unanimous!! HOTEL!! Whew! :)

Anyone need some 'barely used' camping gear? :)

Matthew said...

LOL... I just might... We'll see, I'll hang onto it for a minute though and see if they change their minds... If they no longer want to though, it's yours!! :)

Matthew said...

Yes, you can vote... I'm sure Titus will end up with it all anyway... I am NOT the camping type... I prefer hotels... :)

Petra said...

I should poll my kids. I wonder what they'd say. I know they love camping, but hotels are fun for them also. My vote is ALWAYS hotel!!! :D

Petra said...

Oh and I'm sure if Titus doesn't want all the camping gear, Andy would love it. :)

Petra said...

Great photos, by the way! Thanks for posting them!!! :D

Matthew said...

LOL... Tanner has outruled everyone, he is the only one btw who says he prefers camping to staying in hotels, so the camping gear is his... :)

A fact that he makes sure everyone knows btw... :)

Tim said...

Way to go Tanner, though I have to admit hotels are my preference. Kids seem to enjoy it though.

Daniel said...

Thanks for all the photos. It looks like fun . . . "looks" being the key word there. :)

Matthew said...

LOL Daniel... Yeah! I'm not the camping type really, but realize that the kids need to have exposure to all sorts of things, so I 'force' myself to do it for them... :) I much prefer the Hilton, Hyatt, etc... :)