Sunday, January 13, 2008

Questions...

Okay, so as many will know, Petra said to answer the questions, so I have... With the exception of the ones that were specifically for her... :)

1. Would you rather die of hypothermia or guillotine? Why?

I would MUCH rather die by guillotine because I can’t STAND being cold!! I'd rather be beaten to death, or pretty much anything else rather than freezing to death!

2. You have a long trip to make. You can ride a camel or a mule. Which would you choose and why?

I’d go for the camel because camels can travel for days without food or water.

3. Someone is making a movie about your life. What is the title?

Umm… That's a hard one. "What One Man Can Do, So Can Another: The Story of One Man's Journey Through Life"... I'm SURE it would be a huge hit! :)

4. You have done a great service for your country. They have given you the privilege of making one law of 50 words or less. What would it be?

Effective immediately! Anyone who gets any sort of government handout (I’d list as many as I could without going over 50 words), forfeits their right to vote!

5. You are an astronaut. You have your choice of destinations; any planet, moon, or asteroid in the solar system. Which one and why?

Perhaps I’d go check out Pluto to see why it is no longer considered a planet… :)

6. They are putting you in charge of a nostalgic TV network that shows only old TV shows that are no longer being made. What are some you would choose and why?

Seinfeld and Dallas... I'd just have an hour of Seinfeld and then an hour of Dallas, over and over and over... I'm sure it would be a HUGE hit! I'd watch it! :)

7. What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

I suppose I'd have to go with the birth of my children as well. I have seen many, many, many of God's beautiful creations all over the world and they come in a close second...

8. If they were going to give you any country you wanted to be absolute ruler over, except the USA, which would you choose and why?

Saudi Arabia. Just for the oil of course, I'd sure do a lot of different things than they do with the $$$.

9. You have volunteered for an experiment where they are going to put you on an island paradise for a year to see how people get along with each other. There will be cameras everywhere broadcasting everything that happens to the entire world, assuming anyone is interested enough to tune in. You get to pick 9 other people to go with you, but they can not be related to you. Who would you pick and why?

I'd find four people who would go and exchange their work for the opportunity to actually spend a year in paradise, that takes care of the whole food prep, firewood, shelter maintenance, water, etc... The other five? I'd try to find five people who I could actually carry on a conversation with without my eyes glazing over while attempting to feign interest... If I was ABLE to find five such people, I guess they would be good enough... :)

10. You just won the lottery. Unlimited funds are now at your disposal. What would you buy first?

Tickets to a secluded five-star resort in a tropical climate... I'd immediately fly down there with my family and spend the next month planning on what I would do with the money... Not that I would need a month, but why NOT a month? :)

11. Someone has just given you an internet blog site on which to post anything you want. What is it going to be?

Well, like Petra said, I already have one, and DO post whatever I like... I'd be interested to know who actually asked that question... :)

12. What is one big goal you want to accomplish in 2008?

Finish all these projects I started last year and did not QUITE get finished!!!

13. What is your greatest regret?

Buying the house I currently live in...

14. What is your greatest lesson learned thus far?

Never trust anyone. (excluding family of course, well MOST family)

15. What ONE book (aside from Bible) would you take to a deserted island?

The Count of Monte Cristo

16. What ONE food item would you take? (Pretending that no matter what it was you would live)

Is Michelob a food item?? If not, I suppose I'd take a fruit of some kind, either watermelon, apples, grapes or bananas... I might get tired of it after a year, but I guess you'd get tired of anything after a year... :)

17. What do you fear the most, if anything?

I don't fear anything other than God... There are things I don't like, but fear?? No.

18. What is a character flaw?

I don't have any.

19. A character strength?

I'm one of the only people I know who doesn't play games, calls it like it is (or as I see it) and stands up for what I believe no matter the cost. I think that qualifies as a strength... :)

20. Who is your hero?

I don't have any heroes. I have people I respect, although not very many, heroes?? No, I don't have any.

5 comments:

Petra said...

I loved reading your answers! :)

#18 - way to be humble. lol!

lol @ 4 and 6. :) Oh, and "Is Michelob a food?" LOL!

Who's next?! :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Like your "movie" title, and your "law" - that one would sure stir up some liberals ;-).

Jackie said...

Great answers! I was suprised to see that buying your house was your biggest regret!?! Seems like you have some of the most amazing memories in that house.

I, too love your number 4 answer! But I guess that would only leave the Republicans (OHHH, I am gonna get it with that answer :D)

Matthew said...

LOL! It just consumes too much of my time... :)

Very true too about leaving only the Republicans... :)

WHO is marci? said...

lol at 10 and 18

I think there would need to be exceptions to the rule on taking gov't aid, some people need it - maybe just the ones that abuse the system? just thought I'd throw in a thought on your law :)

i'm taking a few minutes to breathe and this seems like an amusing way to spend the time so I'll post my answers :)