Friday, December 21, 2007

Dreaming Of A White Christmas...

Well, I'm not, but my kids are...

I doubt we'll have one though. It's been rather warm lately, although it has been getting cold lately. If you call in the 40's and 50's cold!! I do! I would MUCH rather be hot than cold! I MUCH prefer the 80 and 90 degree weather here in the summer, I would rather take clothes off and turn a fan on than have to bundle up! Anyway, the day started off innocently enough, the job I have, things slow to a crawl until about mid January... Today one of the A/C motors blew and caused the temperature in the data center to go up to over 90 degrees. Of course there is hardly anyone at the office, but I had facilities prop open the data center doors and move in spot coolers, and it took the HVAC tech about an hour to get there, meanwhile servers were dropping due to the heat left and right. They FINALLY got it fixed and I was able to go back to doing not much of anything...

I took the kids to the store earlier to spend the money their Aunts and Uncles had sent them, and the trip that normally takes about five minutes took about twenty! Ugh! I see all these people running around, the traffic, the lines and I'm like, why did you wait till the last minute?? We've been done for a week now. So about the only thing I have to do over the next few days is finish some things around the house. I HOPE I don't have to leave the house for the next four days! I'm sure I might have to go down to the grocery store or something, but that will be it for me!

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas holiday! I do love this time of year (except for the chaos that ensues because everyone waits till the last minute), and I just might take my kids out to see the lights in the neighborhood right now... :)

7 comments:

Matthew said...

Well, that was fun, it's AMAZING how many lights some people put out. My kids want me to, but it's too late this year, maybe next year is what I told them... :)

WHO is marci? said...

lol, I hate going out in the Christmas traffic too - its horrible. Canyon put over 800 lights out in our yard, we look like the griswalds, its cute that he did it though, he spent until 10pm one night just laying them out right and making sure they were all lit - hopefully he'll be as enthusiastic when the time comes to take them all in? I have a feeling he won't be...?

Jackie said...

I can't get it either! How do people wait? How can you stand it?? Well, today Titus and I celebrate "our" Christmas, before we go and be with the entire family. So, we have lots of movie watching, eating and relaxing in store. A few goodies to drop off, but not much else. Then, we are going to take a trip to Candy Cane Lane! My favorite! It's a street FULL of lights!! It's gorgeous, I love it!!

Merry Christmas!!

Matthew said...

Merry Christmas then Titus and Jackie!! Hope you have a safe trip to Sacramento!

Precisely the reason I never put lights out Marci! Someone has to take them down... :)

Petra said...

We did all our shopping today. Fun. But, we didn't have much choice but to wait - Andy has not had a day off in nearly a month and we like shopping for the kids together. :) It actually wasn't too bad and we found everything we wanted, and I got everything wrapped this evening. The kids are SO excited!!

Matthew said...

Always nice to get it all done! I'm sure the kids are bouncing off the walls in anticipation, I know mine are! :)

Petra said...

Yeah - they keep asking if we can open *one* gift... lol. We're making them wait. And Andy arranged the presents so they can't see who most of them are to, so they are making bets about what they are and who they are to! lol