Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas School Parties...

Whew! Everyone had a BLAST it seems, but can't say that I'm not glad it's over! Taylor's party started at 8:30 this morning and Chance and Tanner's parties both started at 10:30... I'm the room dad for Chance's class, so I didn't get to spend much time at Tanner's party, although I did pop over to his class a couple of times...

Taylor making a gingerbread man... Her class made those and made some jingle bell necklaces and also ate breakfast... Carolyn and I both went to her class party, then Carolyn had to go to the doctor... After her party I actually went home for about 30 minutes, luckily we live right down the street from the school.

Tanner's class made gingerbread houses, which looked rather messy, good call on the table cloths! I'm actually not exactly sure what else they did as when I would pop in, it was basically, "Hey Tanner! Having fun? That looks great! Well, I'll be back in a bit!" :)

For Chance's party, one of the kids dad is a magician, so he did a magic show for the first 20 mintues or so. The kids seemed to enjoy it a lot! Then the pizza arrived for lunch, so passed out the pizza, drinks, etc... When they were done eating, we had them all make Christmas tree ornaments which they seemed to enjoy! (Carolyn and I got the idea when we took the kids to Michael's last week. It was the "kids craft" for last Saturday, which was good, because I had ZERO clue what to have them make, so it required no thought on my part! :)

Now I am back at home with Taylor and Tanner, Chance wanted to stay at school because his class is watching a movie as I type! Carolyn is out shopping and I SUPPOSE I might go try to wrap that kitchen up, we'll see how that works out for me... :)

6 comments:

Petra said...

Oh man - I laughed alot at this phrase: "one of the kids dad is a magician" and didn't really know why... and then I remembered Arrested Development and realized I was picturing Gob as the kids dad. lol!!!

Matthew said...

LOL! Yeah, I thought it a bit odd to be a magician?!? Wonder how much you make in that line of work? :)

Jackie said...

GREAT!!! I am sure the kids loved that you were a part of their parties. Even if you just came in and out and laughed at their magician, :D I am sure they were so proud that you were there!!

They look so cute!!! Love those little faces!!!!

How's Carolyn?? Everything good? Tell her I say HELLO!!

Matthew said...

Carolyn is doing great! It was just a check up from her surgery a few weeks ago, all is well and she is back out shopping after having just got back from the mall a few moments ago!!

Speaking of the mall, I've not had to go ONCE this year!! I'm SO thankful! :)

Tim said...

Oh Petra, have you seen the Free Chicken yet??? too funny.

Looks like a lot a fun Matt. Glad Carolyn is doing well.

Petra said...

No, we've just watched the first season Timberly. I'm waiting for Andy to be off work so we can watch season two. :)