Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trip To The Fair...

So yeah, I had to get up early this AM to go find some gas, most of the stations around here are out of gas, and the ones that do have gas, there are lines 40 - 50 cars long... I thought by getting up early, I'd beat the lines, yeah, I was wrong! I had to wait for like 45 minutes in line to get gas, but I had to do it because I was running on fumes... :( Anyway, after I fueled up, I went and got everyone else and off we headed to the North Georgia State Fair...

Waiting on the gates to open at the Fair...

As soon as we got in, Tanner and Nate went running off as did Chance and Lorenzo... That left Carolyn, Taylor and myself... Taylor wanted to ride this one first, so we did...

Taylor with the animals she won! Of course we didn't play many games, they are SUCH a ripoff! She won those playing the 25 cent 'pick the color the mouse will choose' game... :)

We ran into Chance and Lorenzo on this ride, other than that, we didn't see much of any of the boys...

Before we left, we all went to the animal section where the kids fed the various animals... I'm just glad we only stayed for a few hours... :)

6 comments:

Petra said...

Looks like a fun time for the kids! We missed the Puyallup fair this year because it fell during a "mom feels like crap and dad is in Yakima" time. Oh well. :)

There is still a gas shortage there? I thought that would be resolved by now. Huh.

Joshua Goodling said...

I thought about going to the fair today, but couldn't find any gas, so figured I'd better conserve my gas to get to work next week.

Matthew said...

Yeah Petra, there is still a gas shortage... GOOD thing I did wait in line this AM to get gas, because when I went out around 6PM, none of the stations had any gas left...

Hopefully they get some soon, because I'm NOT taking the truck to work as it only gets about 12 mpg and I'm nearly out of gas in my car... :( Of course the good side of that is, I'll just work from home until I get some... :)

Matthew said...

Uh yeah, I just got back from Home Depot, it looks like one station got gas overnight, and there are over 100 cars in line to get gas... I think I'll just stay home and finish the deck...

Petra said...

Crazy about the gas! What's the story?? I didn't really read the news about gas shortages because it didn't affect me (plenty of gas here). :)

Matthew said...

They say it's hurricane induced... I think a lot of the problem is that everyone runs to the gas station when they get down to 3/4 of a tank, and they bring along several gas cans as well...

They say it will be over in a few weeks, who knows. I'll just stay home if I have to wait in line for an hour to get gas... I did wait in line the other day, but that is ONLY because I had promised to take the kids to the fair and was nearly out of gas... :)