Sunday, September 21, 2008

Camping At Stone Mountain...

Joshua and Tanner on the Sky High again, they LOVED it!! Well, the kids did, not sure if Joshua LOVED it or not... :)

Waiting on the train to take it around the mountain...

Chance and Tanner on our way down the mountain...

At the covered bridge by the Grist Mill...

Taylor and Karen (Tonya's daughter, Tonya and her family met us there in the afternoon on Saturday)... At first Taylor was disappointed that the guys kept going on the Sky High, until she found a similar setup more her size... :)

All in all, we had a great time! That is until it was time to go to bed. The air mattress Carolyn and I were sleeping on had a small hole in it, I tried to "fix" it with duct tape, didn't quite work out. So every morning, we were sleeping on the ground... :( Needless to say, I was always ready to get up about 6:00AM... This morning, I was actually ready to get up about 4:20AM, but didn't get up until a little after 6:00AM... Needless to say, we left said air mattress in the trash there... We decided next time we go to Stone Mountain, we are staying at the Inn!! :)

8 comments:

Tim said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Funny about the air mattress, we have a similiar one :).

Matthew said...

LOL, yeah, it's funny now, but wasn't very humorous in the early morning hours... :)

The kids have also corrected me, it's Sky Hike, not High... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

The Sky Hike was fun. It would be better if there wasn't so many people on it. I guess the key is to come on a non-weekend day.

Matthew said...

Yeah, Friday there were no lines anywhere!

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah, I'm thinking I may just get me an annual pass now. There's a lot of good outdoor activities to do there, and one only knows I need to get outside more often ;-).

Matthew said...

Yeah, the annual pass is actually the same price as two daily passes...

Petra said...

Oh man! Stone Mt. has improved since I last saw it. Last time I was there it was completely run down and they were just talking about making it nice again. Looks like a fun trip! :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, that is likely because it used to be owned by the state, but is now owned by whoever owns DollyWood and that park in Branson...