Friday, May 04, 2007

Still Not Much To Say...

Sorry people, but I've been SO busy trying to finish this house, I've not had much time for much else... I see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Carolyn and I have been in "remodel mode" almost our entire married lives, and we both see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we are SO excited to finally be able to just relax!! So we toil on! I DO know what I'll be doing around 6:00PM tomorrow night though!

The Run for the Roses!

I LOVE the Kentucky Derby!! Not just the Derby, but thoroughbred racing in general! I've been so busy this year though, I am not even sure what horses are even running in the Derby. Normally, I not only know what horses are running, but I know everything about the horse, the trainer, the jockey, etc... There is always next year I guess... :) I'll be watching the two minutes though when it starts, and will enjoy it nonetheless...

Well, back to figuring out what exactly I need for my deck, because I have a 10% off coupon at Home Depot that expires Monday, so I have to get the materials by then so I can save a few bucks... :)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I actually think I'm going to take my family to the Kentucky Derby next year. I used to live in Louisville, and would go to Churchill Downs often. There is just something about seeing all those thoroughbreds and watching them thunder by. I did take my family to Keeneland in Lexington, that was a while ago though. I guess Cory was about 10 or 11, so I guess it was 8 or 9 years ago...

Matthew said...

I DO remember though that in 1995 when I went to the Kentucky Derby, I had Matthew and Timothy pick a horse... They BOTH wrote down Thunder Gulch on the front of the DRF I took with me... For some reason, not sure why, I didn't bet on the horse they picked... He won! Not only did he win, but the odds were enormous, and the payout was I forget how much, but a LOT!!

Petra said...

Hey - the year that you picked the horses and I placed a bet for the both of us - we won!!! Woo hoo. LOL

Matthew said...

I studied that year! :)