Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve...


Out with the old, in with the new... For most people, all over the world, party preparations will be ongoing and many will be penning New Year's resolutions... Something, I might add, that I never did quite understand myself...

"He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool." ~ F.M. Knowles

The success rate of "resolutions" is so poor, it's almost stunning. Be it to lose weight, stop smoking, save more money, get out of debt, drink less, etc, many people are failures when it comes to their resolutions before the hangover has completely subsided... It's not that I don't think about resolutions, I just don't make any. I suppose there are things I could change, but why wait until the 'New Year' to make said changes if they are indeed something that should be done or changed?? Yeah, I don't get it... So many people make them though that I have decided to make two of them myself:

1.) To just be myself

2.) To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time (I'd claim this as my own, but kind of hard to do with the Internet and all... by James Agate :)

So when the clock strikes twelve and your 'slate is clean', here's wishing you the best in 2009!!

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Not that I'm not always 'just myself', but two resolutions sounded better than one... :)

Jackie said...

LOL!!! I think you just named most of my resolutions. Well, besides the drinking and smoking part! :D But saving money is always on the list.

But I think the new year just gives you a fresh start. Let the past go and move on with what you have learned. That's my plan. :D Keep your fingers crossed!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Tim said...

Sounds good on the resolutions! Mine are quite simple: be more thrifty, and just enjoy life!

Happy New Year!

Petra said...

I haven't made New Year's resolutions in a while - since yeah, if I want to change something, I just do (or don't - whatever)... I don't need to wait until a new year. :) But I do kind of like the idea of it, I think mainly because I'm so in love with lists. lol. I'm going to make some this year. I'm sure that'll be a blog post too. :)

The Individual said...

HaHa! :D Well as long as other people are doing it right? lol

Hope you have a Happy New Year!