Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brakes and Landscaping...

Tanner helping me take the lug nuts off... I decided to replace the brake pads myself as the parts were about $30 as opposed to the $600 they wanted to charge me to do it... We'll see how this works out, the last time I changed brake pads was about 20 years ago, and I ended up with a whole bucket of "parts" left over that I had no clue where they went... Still worked though... :) I HATE working on vehicles!!!

Of course that lasted about 5 minutes, I think he was just momentarily enthralled with the pneumatic tool... :) Turns out I DON'T have two tools I HAVE to have, luckily my neighbor does, and he is bringing them to me, which is why I'm blogging right now, can't proceed without them... :)

Meanwhile... Carolyn is digging up those evergreens we had there by the pool fence and replacing them with roses I went and got this morning, because as it turns out, the evergreens DON'T like full sun... I like roses better though, so I guess that is a good thing... :)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, I KNOW I need to finish the walkway there to the gate, the reason I haven't is because the Bobcat is leaking hydraulic fluid, so I've got to take the arm off after I finish the brake pads and take it to the hydraulic shop to have the seals replaced... I'm NOT doing anymore digging by hand!!! Why should I, that's why we bought the Bobcat... :)

Matthew said...

So yeah, I'm spending the day doing one of the things I DETEST the most, vehicle repairs... :(

Petra said...

Ah, repairs. Fun fun! Sounds like you are having a GREAT day. lol

I love roses! :)

Matthew said...

LOL! Yeah, I HATE them! I'm done with the brakes though, and Tanner and I just took it to the car wash, so I know they work at least... :)

Now, on to the Bobcat, which I know NOTHING about, I do have the manual though, so how hard can it be?? :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, that wasn't so bad... I DID get filthy, which is why I hate doing repairs of that sort... Better than paying some moron hundreds of dollars to do it though...

Jackie said...

AHHHH car repairs. No fun. But would you rather come and clean out our closet??? I thought not! :D I hate this chore. Why do I punish myself on a holdiay?? :D

Jackie said...

Say Hi to Carloyn for me!!! Looking good! :D

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie, actually, I WOULD rather clean out a closet... :)

Carolyn says hi as well!