Thursday, August 07, 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain...

It WON'T stop raining... I'm not complaining, because we need the rain and my lawn, flowers, and other plants are LOVING it... I am however TRYING to stain my deck, I've got patches of it done, but wow... I want to get the whole thing done!! Oh well... Soon... I was staining the other day, it was 95 degrees out, clear sky and all of a sudden, out of nowhere came the clouds... I put my stuff up and 30 minutes later the rain started POURING down... Patience Matt... :)

I did come across a few interesting sites today though...

Criminal Searches...

A site where you can type in anyone's name and find out if they have ever been in trouble with the law... It's free! It's still in beta, but it's kind of fun to type in people's names and see what comes up...

Another one...

ZabaSearch...

Lists phone numbers, addresses, etc that may or may not be published elsewhere... Also kind of interesting to type in names of people you know... :)

Of course the election is ALWAYS on my mind as well... The more I read about this Obama, the more I am NOT going to vote for him. The dilemma though is I don't like McCain either... It's a fascinating election though. I'm sure it will become yet more fascinating as the November election draws near... It's right around the corner...

I'm also getting the stuff together for homeschooling while in the midst of trying to finish all the crap I have going on in the back... Fun stuff!! :)

3 comments:

Petra said...

I'll probably vote for McCain - only cause it's a vote against Obama, whom I detest more than I detest McCain. We've still got a few months though.

I'll check out those sites.

Isn't there work in the pool house you could be doing while it's raining? ;)

Matthew said...

Shh!!! Quiet Petra!! :)

Yeah, a little less than three months to go, a lot can happen in three months, should be interesting...

Joshua Goodling said...

Yes, I can't stand either Obama or McCain - but I guess I'd rather have McCain.

It will be interesting though to see what happens at the Democratic Convention - Hillary seems to be up to something, not exactly sure what her plans are there.

I think one of the key things is to try to get more Republicans in the House and Senate, so at least we have control of them if/when Obama takes over. I think Nancy's latest actions "may" help a little with that.