Sunday, August 24, 2008

So Anyway...

As if I didn't have enough going on... My neighbor is opening a Sports Bar & Grill and they asked me if I would build a shelf for the liquor and a hostess stand... So, being a good neighbor, I said I would... That's what I have done ALL weekend...

Of course the kids decided to 'build' as well... Not sure exactly what they are building, but I have cut many, many boards for them... :)

Seems to be two separate 'projects'... Tanner, Taylor and Sarah are building something and Chance and Lorenzo are building something...

Who knows, who cares... Everyone should know how to sling a hammer and use a drill, so I let them do whatever... The only "rule" is: "make sure all my tools are back where you got them when you are done!!" :)

Ugh! I'm STILL not finished with the work for the Sports Bar, hopefully I finish it tomorrow...

7 comments:

Matthew said...

I THOUGHT it was something I would be able to do in a day, turns out it wasn't... Ah, whatever... :)

Petra said...

Kids love to build things don't they? I remember building 'forts' all the time when I was little. My kids did that in TX, but there's not really a place to here (you can reach out and touch the houses on all sides of you where we live - which is pretty much how every neighborhood around here is for some reason).

Matthew said...

That they do, love to "build" things that is... That's why I let them, I know SO many people who can hardly use a screwdriver and it BOGGLES my mind!

I remember I built a small bookcase in fourth grade when we lived at Oldshire (sp?) and the last time I visited Grandma when she lived on Grandview, she had it in her bathroom, where or how she got it, I have no idea... :)

No, I'm STILL not done with that stuff I'm making for my neighbor... :(

Jackie said...

That is so great that you are so handy! Really fun stuff!

Jackie said...

Hey-

So how is the home schooling going? No updates???

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie... It's private school!! We officially start the day after Labor Day... :)

Carolyn has been doing some review this week just to get him "into the groove" though...

Jackie said...

oops...:D