Tuesday, June 03, 2008

So Anyway...

I'd say I've been busy, but I really haven't been... I suppose by some people's standards, possibly... Or rather, if you are talking about the general populace of this country, yeah, I'm freaking BUSY, BUSY, BUSY... :)

As many of you know, I'm building a pool house... It's NOT done, yet I've moved on to the deck... Then the other day or week or whatever, we decided to also fix the 'other garage' because the roof had started rotting on the ends...

It's actually almost done though, we hired the neighbor kid to do it... I've had to help him some, but really only for direction, but that didn't really take me away from anything other than running around getting shingles, etc...

Then the other day Carolyn and the kids took Bo to get a haircut, Bo was thrilled I might add!! He was getting HOT in this 80+ degree weather, and with 90+ degree weather coming tomorrow and likely to stay, I'm sure he is happy! He looks like a different dog though...

Of course I'm STILL working on the deck!! I did get the beams up, was going to bolt them to the posts, but I didn't have a long enough 1/2" drill bit so I decided why not let that wait until tomorrow... I just wonder how long this is going to take me?!?! I thought the posts were the hard part, then I had to notch 12 6" x6" posts... Who knows, the rest LOOKS easy, we'll see...

Of course the whole time I'm doing all this, the kids and half the neighborhood kids are all swimming and making a mess... Carolyn has laid down the LAW about towel usage... One towel, per kid, per day!! I don't blame her though, I got up this AM to take a shower and there were no towels?!? I did find one on the dryer though... These kids want to swim for thirty minutes to an hour, then stop, then swim for thirty minutes... ALL. DAY. LONG. :)

Chance and Tanner are about to start camp... Chance is taking an extreme science camp and Tanner is going to some art camp... It's just day camp, they start at 9 AM and end around 2 or 3... Our neighbor has her grandkid all summer, so she is going to take them to and from the camp, so that worked out GREAT!! Other than that, same old thing going on, just trying to finish these projects, working, tending to the family and half the neighborhood kids, etc...

6 comments:

Tim said...

Yeah, people think my life is busy for some reason. I just look at them. I do fill in the gaps I suppose but I have a very active brain and it doesn't do for it to get bored.

Nick and Nathaniel start camp on Monday. Nathaniel is a little more excited than Nick. I think Nick wanted to spend all summer reading and playing video games :). I signed Nick up for a world cultures camp in July that should be interesting. The international students here at NKU talk to the kids about their different countries. The extreme science camp sounds fun. Nick would like that.

Petra said...

Looks like a lot is getting done now that the weather is nice. :)

There's a science camp here in July that Jarvis would probably have liked, but it was freakin' expensive - like ridiculously so (or so I thought), so we're passing. The kids can stay here with me for free. We can magnify some ants in the yard or something. :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, I'll take 80/90+ degree weather ANY day of the week over cold weather... :)

I wasn't too keen on the whole camp idea either, I was thinking, "We could buy a TON of art and science supplies for that price"... I was outvoted though... :)

Tim said...

I think with my boys it the playing with the other kids that have similar interest :)

Titus said...

slowly but surely.. i'm sure the deck will look great. are you going to stain or paint?

funny about the towels.

Jackie said...

LOL!!! Poor little bald Bo!! :D

Glad you are making progress with all your projects!!!

Camp... wish I could go!!! FUN!!!

I was thinking back today when I was a kid here in Sacramento. (So, weird being back in my hometown, working/living, after so many years of NOT living here and just visiting!) Anyway, and I always wished I didn't have to go to school. I wished I could go to work instead like my mom and dad.They always seemed to enjoy it. But then my mom would always remind me that you won't get out by 3:00pm and there is no summer/winter breaks! After a second or two to process...I was happy to go to school again!! LOL!!