Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just Projects...

Yeah, not much else going on around here... Chance is LOVING his Extreme Science camp, so that is good! They are going to 'explode' the volcanoes they have made tomorrow so he is quite excited about that! The go-cart was out of commission for a week, because I had to order new parts for the front suspension, they came today, so the go-cart is back in business... The dirt bike? Yeah, I had to order some new parts for it on Monday, they called me today and told me, um, they don't make those anymore... Not sure what I'm going to do there yet, try and repair the broken part I suppose, it looks like it can be done... We'll see how that works out... :)

I went and got the slate today for the pool house, not sure how long it will sit where it is, but probably at LEAST a week or so because this weekend is BOOKED! Should look nice though, and I'm thinking about just using the slate on the bottom there, thoughts?? It will cost me about $200 to put slate on the bottom around the pool house as opposed to about $600 or more for stacked stone or ledger stone... Yeah, I think I'll do that... :)

So yeah, on my way home from work tomorrow, I'll pick up the mini-excavator and try and resolve all the "drainage" issues that I have here... Bury a LOT of black drainage pipe, so who knows, maybe I'll get it done, maybe not... Time will tell... :)

Other than that? Just life as usual around the Goodling household here in Acworth!! Fun stuff! I did actually go swimming with Carolyn and the kids for about 10 minutes today, which is about how long I actually even want to be in the pool... Hmm... :)

Oh yeah, the guys both have camp again next week. Chance is going to basketball camp and Tanner is going to football camp, and now Taylor wants to go to camp to do something, so we'll find her a camp to go to as well!

7 comments:

Titus said...

looks like you already bought the slate? it'll look great!

like the barstools. ugh on the drainage issues.. i'm feeling your pain as a new homeowner.

Matthew said...

Okay then... The go-kart WAS fixed! So it's out of commission AGAIN! Oh well, I told Chance and Tanner that this is the LAST time I'm ordering parts for their machines, from now on, you break it, you buy the new parts... We'll see how that works out!

New parts will be here Tuesday... :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, that slate is for the floors, I'll have to go get more if I decide to do the bottom of the walls with them, Carolyn and I have been talking about it, not sure if we'll do that or not, we'll see!

Yeah, welcome to the homeowners club! Now break out your wallet!! Which I know you guys have already done, but it never ends... :)

Well, maybe it does for some, but it doesn't seem to for us, of course we do a LOT more than most homeowners do, but whatever...

Matthew said...

And yeah, we got both of those bar stools at Garden Ridge for $99 (total)... For some reason they seem a little low, but once the slate is on I think they will be okay... They ARE comfortable though... :)

Jackie said...

LOL!!! You are Mr. Fix it! :D I am sure the go cart and the bike will be up and running again soon.

What camp did Taylor decide to go to? I used to love camp!! :D

Jackie said...

LOL!!! You are Mr. Fix it! :D I am sure the go cart and the bike will be up and running again soon.

What camp did Taylor decide to go to? I used to love camp!! :D

Tim said...

The slate does look good, I love the look of slate. We have a big machine coming this weekend. LeRoy is going to work on the barn foundation.

The boys are still loving their camp. Nick has a new friend, Flint, that he talks about all the time :). It has been much better for them than being at home all day like last summer. Of course we don't live in a neighborhood so there social life is somewhat limited to each other sometimes.