Thursday, May 01, 2008

STOKED!!!!!!

That would be Chance! I'm sure everyone remembers the dirt bike we bought for him last year. Well, we never could get it working. I replaced the carburetor, I bought a new stop switch, on and on it went... Still would not work. Chance did NOT give up! Over the past few days, he was DETERMINED to get it working, and today, he did!! Go Chance!

I'm not sure how many times Chance and Tanner did that, but it was a LOT!!

One of the many failed attempts... What's that hanging from Tanners jeans? Well, we DO live in Paulding County... :)

Finally got it running though!!! I was SO thrilled! You can't describe how happy I was seeing Chance finally tooling around the property on the dirt bike!! I may be more excited than he was! He is SO happy! He's doing a good job too of learning the basics! Wow! I've not seen Chance this stoked in a WHILE! It makes me happy!!

7 comments:

Matthew said...

The funny thing is, I think that the issue might have been as simple as having bad gas in the lines... Just my opinion though. I replaced half the parts, still wouldn't work, but once we got it running for a bit, it runs like a charm!! Have I said how happy I am for Chance?? :)

Petra said...

Awesome!!! :) :) :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Cool! Looks like fun!

Jackie said...

That is soo great! I am soo happy for you and so proud of Chance. Titus told me the story the other day and I could hear just how proud you were by listening to him tell the story. Titus has mentioned it a couple of times since, so I know his uncle Titus is beaming with pride as well.

I think you have officially created a mimi-me, Matt! You set an example for everyone with all the work you do in fixing this and doing that, he is just learning what he sees. Nice job! It's nice to be able to have that skill set. :D

He looks great on the bike! BE CAREFUL!! Those things make me nervous! :D

Ok, and I gotta ask... What is it hanging from Tanner's jeans??? I'm lost, I'm not from Paulding County! :D Is it ghetto or something?? :D

Matthew said...

LOL! It's one of those chain things you clip to your jeans and then to a wallet or whatever... :)

It's not a ghetto, just a lot of rednecks... I'm sure Titus can explain it better than I can here... :)

Titus said...

chance looks great on the bike! we are VERY proud of him!

did he take the safety class?

Matthew said...

Umm... I was going to take him to one, but the only one I could find was out in Alpharetta... So, keep your gear on and BE CAREFUL!!! :)