Saturday, May 03, 2008

Nervous Wreck...

Well, not REALLY, but wow! I've never ridden a motorcycle in my life, and the few times I've tried, it didn't work out too well... Chance does great on it, Nate does as well, Tanner doesn't want to get on it, and I myself, wish I had never bought it! Not really, but just getting used to the thing being operational 24/7... :)

Mike brought Canyon over today, I guess Canyon hounded him to no end about coming over, so Mike finally brought him over. Of course the first thing on the kids mind was the 'dirt bike'...

Canyon about to have a go at it, he was a bit nervous, I think he was too nervous actually. He finally gave up.

About to go again...

Canyon gave it a good try, but then decided he would rather swim! So Tanner and Canyon went swimming, Chance took the bike around until it got dark. Then Chance joined them in the pool. Myself, I was out watching all of it of course, reading my book, "World Without End". I'm so close to the end of the book, I don't want to put it down! I ran out of light at the pool watching them swim, but now they are all in. I'm on page 810, and it is a 929 page book. I WILL finish it tonight!!

Yeah, I've been working on the pool house as well! I actually today finished the LAST of the electric work, tomorrow I hope to do the same with the plumbing! No exciting pictures to post though... :( Drywall is next!! I can't wait for that! I will just be GLAD when this is done, I'm OVER it!! Got to finish what I started though... :)

7 comments:

Matthew said...

My kids were THRILLED that Canyon got to come over I might add... Tanner has been counting down the days and was disappointed when he realized he might not come. Canyon though was successful in talking his dad into it, and Tanner was quite ecstatic... :)

Titus said...

sounds like they all three had a great time!

Titus said...

That's fun! I'm with Tanner though, I'll swim too, thanks! :D

Is that a motorcycle outfit Canyon is wearing?? Cute, that he was the wardrobe for it! :D

--Jackie

Matthew said...

That's actually Chance's riding gear, they all take turns wearing it because I won't let anyone ride the bike without it on... :)

Tanner finally got up the nerve to ride it this morning, and Canyon finally got the hang of it as well... Canyon also managed to somehow wreck and rip the outside spigot off the back of the house, I was at the gas station and Carolyn called me freaking out... Turn the water off! Of course as it turns out, I covered up the shut off valve with drywall a few years ago and neglected to put in an access door... :) So I shut if off at the street when I got home, and I guess in a few moments I'll have an access door... :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah, I rode a motorbike one time when I was up at Life Action Ranch - I hit a patch of mud and the bike went one way and I went the other, breaking my finger in the process - I walked the bike back to the garage and said "never again!"

Sounds like fun - fixing the water breakage :-)

Tim said...

Yay for Chance, he looks like a natural on it :). Sounds like our neighborhood with boys going up the street on their 4wheelers and bikes :).

Petra said...

lol. Looks like they had fun though - not fun about the wreck and water spigot though! I'd rather swim too. :)