Saturday, May 24, 2008

Let The Games Begin...

Not sure why I chose that title, the games began around here about seven years ago... Whatever though...

Finally getting started on the deck... NO, the pool house isn't done yet... :) I got all the holes dug for the posts though, ripped down the bushes on the side and ready to put the posts in the ground tomorrow...

I actually replanted those bushes above the pool on the bank there, we'll see if they live through the whole transplanting process, my bet is they don't... We'll find out soon enough... :)

I'm sure my neighbors will be glad when this mess is cleaned up, soon enough... Although, I think they are all happy I'm doing what I'm doing... So we'll see how much gets done this weekend, and I have an extra day because of the holiday, so while everyone else is grilling out and celebrating, I'll be working... Soon enough though, and I will be working on this house no more... :)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I also dug the holes to get the "playground" put up... I'm sure the kids will be thrilled about that, although I'm sure Chance is probably almost over the concept of a playground, but better late than never... :)

The playground will be behind and to the right of the pool house in case you didn't know...

Petra said...

Yeah, we're going to a cookout today. But have fun building? :)

My kids would love a playground, especially the youngest three. Heck, Britt and Justice would probably have fun on it too. But we're renting... so the kiddie pool I bought last week will have to do for now. lol :)

Matthew said...

LOL Petra! I suppose I should "think" about getting the grill out for tomorrow, we'll see if that happens... :)

I probably won't though, as once the 'hard part' of this deck, which is now over 50% done, is done, the rest is easy, and I CAN'T wait to get it up...

I'm starting to 'wonder' when I'm going to get around to that playground... :)

Tim said...

I know what you mean about the games beginning...ours began 3 years ago :). It is looking good though, your that is...ours still has loads to go. Our neighbors will probably be happy when we are done too, but I really don't understand why they care, bit odd really since they have their own property issues.