Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dilemma...

So I just put the kids to bed, Chance and Tanner share a room, and Taylor has her own... Perhaps I should define dilemma prior to moving on... Dilemma: a situation requiring a choice between equally undesirable alternatives.

So here is the dilemma... Taylor claims that it's not fair that Chance and Tanner get to sleep in the same room and that Carolyn and I get to sleep in the same room, yet she has to sleep ALL by herself... Of course to hear her say it, it sounds like the end of the world... So the SOLUTION she has come up with is to buy her a dog... What to do?!? I DON'T like animals in the house!! Yet, she does have a valid point! The dilemma is, she has over the past six years ended up in our bed because of this reason (luckily we have a king size bed!)... So it's either her in our bed or a dog for her... Hmm!

It's not that I don't like dogs, I just don't want to care for them... Dogs are fine! I'm just not interested in caring for or training them... If someone else is doing that, they are great! We'll see how this little scenario works out... :)

10 comments:

Matthew said...

No progress on the pool house... It has rained for the past three days here... We need it though, so I'm not complaining, I do hope the three day weekend I have coming up will allow me to get a LOT done, we'll see... :)

Petra said...

lol - Darby hates sleeping alone too. She ends up in our bed, on our floor... unless she can talk Jarvis into camping out in the living room with her. She was distraught tonight when I made her sleep in her bed b/c I haven't made her that much this summer. I'm sure she'll be in our bed with us before the night is over. lol She's not getting a dog though, at least not anytime soon. :)

Joshua Goodling said...

Here's your solution: http://www.amazon.com/Tekno-the-Robotic-Puppy-Dalmatian/dp/B000F6RWSC/ref=pd_sbs_t_2/102-8909126-4496111

Titus said...

it would be no dilemma for us...

:)

i couldn't imagine life without soph!

Tim said...

Maybe she could take care of the dog or share the responsibilities with Chance and Tanner? In our house Binky feeds and waters the dog, Nick feeds and waters the cats. OF course inside dogs need more care unless you put up a cable run or a fenced run for when you are not at home. Our cable run works well for Wiggles but a fenced little yard might work best for an inside dog because you can treat the area better for small critters :). The way Tanner was with Soph, I would say that he would have no problem helping out :).

Matthew said...

I think I might just get her another webkinz to be honest... :)

I really don't have the time or inclination to train a dog...

Tim said...

Webkinz sounds like the easiest route :)

Titus said...

the rewards of training a dog outnumber all negatives by far. :)

JMO

Jackie said...

my vote: GET A DOG!!!

:D

Jackie said...

I do remember being her age and feeling the same way. Pete never cared, but why did my parents get to share a room? It wans't fair that when the boogie man came to their room at least there were two people to there to scare him off or get the darn dragon out of the closet that was waiting to get me. :D