Monday, January 31, 2011

Digital Photos...

Sigh... As I'm sure everyone does, I have tons of digital photos, and over the years of switching PC's, rebuilding my PC, etc, many of them are duplicates. Every time I wipe out Carolyn's or my PC, I back the data up to my server, so there are nearly 100,000 digital photos on the server, but if you were to eliminate the duplicates, there are probably only about 20,000 originals, if that. Anyway. I decided to use Picasa's facial recognition feature to catalog them all, so nearly four days later, it is mostly complete. It is nice now to just pick a name and see every photo I have with that person in it, but wow, what a chore... Why would I want to do that you might ask? Well, take this video for instance:



I just clicked on Tanner's name, "starred" a handful of pictures, clicked make a movie and upload to YouTube... Of course you could make a much better "movie" if you spent more time on it, but that is why I wanted to do it, I am ALWAYS looking for a 'certain' photo and can never find it, or I spend a while looking for it. Now I don't have to do that... So now that that is done, I can get back to doing something useful, like finishing that drywall in the downstairs kitchen... :(

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow . . . I'm going to love this!

Matthew said...

I agree... :)

Jackie said...

Love it!! he is soooo cute!!

Petra said...

Okay, I want to do this now! All my digital photos aren't in the same place though - I have multiple CDs, DVDs, and my external harddrive... seems like such a chore. Can I just blink and it already all be done??? :)

Tim said...

Awesome! I love how it did it!!

Matthew said...

Haha! It was a chore! Luckily all mine are in one place though... :)

Matthew said...

Actually the only part that was a chore was: Yes, that is Tanner, no that is Chance not Taylor, yes those gazillion photos are all Taylor, etc, etc, etc... Confirm, move, confirm, move, etc, etc, etc... Sigh, glad it is done though... :)