Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away...

It seems like everytime I need to do any painting or staining it starts raining... :( I started staining the deck yesterday, and was rather excited seeing it all come together, then the clouds came in... LUCKILY it did not rain yesterday, but it is today. So what I did stain will be fine. I just want to finish that damn deck so I can get back to that pool house and finish it! Whatever, soon enough and it will all be done...

All is well here, just working and trying to finish these outdoor projects that I now SEE the light at the end of the tunnel on. I'm not going to be starting any more projects anytime soon I might add!! I know most people who read this will be like, "Yeah, right Matt." I'm not though, I swear!! :)

Tanner is down in Savannah/Tybee Island having fun right now, I wish I was! He went on some Ghost tour today, haven't heard how that went yet though. Chance and Taylor went skating last night, it was Lorenzo's birthday and his mom took them all skating, better her than me, I hate doing that, although I do do it periodically...

I'd post pics, but I have been VERY busy this week with issues at the office and haven't taken any. I'll take some though later... :)

Timberly and family (minus LeRoy because of work) will be here Monday, so that will be fun, they are spending the week with us next week, so looking forward to that. Canyon also will be here next week, we always like having him over as well. I guess Friday, the 1st, we are going to have a cookout and celebrate Timothy's 20th birthday, so that will be fun as well!

So lots going on, I'd post more often, but I'm on everyone else's schedule, a post every week or so... :)

I'd also post about the Second Coming of Christ, or rather Obama... I'm sure no one cares though because the voting public has already chosen him... Should be interesting... The Messiah (Obama) will save us all!! That's what the media would have you believe anyway, and they are ALL in the tank for him!! I could care less which one wins though, I don't like either one of them, but those are the choices. Each of them will be a disaster, but how much damage can they do in four years?? We'll soon see I suppose...

10 comments:

Matthew said...

It's amazing how much you miss your children when they are gone though, I miss my Tanner terribly!! :)

He's only been gone for a day and a half!!

Matthew said...

Well, most people anyway...

Matthew said...

Miss their children that is...

Titus said...

First time he's been away from home without any of you guys?

Sucks about the rain, but I'm sure your lawn appreciates it!

Petra said...

Oh I know - I miss my kids so much when they are gone... though I do know people who'd RATHER their kids be gone (why they had kids in the first place is beyond me... but that's another story). :-P How long will he be gone?

Hopefully you get all your staining done soon. :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, other than spending the night across the street... :)

I don't mean to complain about the rain either, because we DO need it... :)

Tanner will be back tomorrow btw... YAY!

Yeah, I don't understand people like that Petra, although there seems to be quite a few like that...

Tim said...

I know what you mean about missing the kids. I always think if only I had a moment of quiet, then when I get it I hate it. I miss the noise and interaction. Though a break every now and then is nice :).

Glad the stain wasn't ruined.

Joshua Goodling said...

Yeah - I miss my kids!! Haven't seen them in 42 years! :-)

Yesterday I was helping Tori put together some furniture in her new place (her and some friends are renting a house by her college) and it started pouring - luckily they had all the stuff inside by then.

Petra said...

Timberly - well, yes - a quiet peaceful moment from time to time is necessary to my sanity! lol!! A little time here and there is fine, needed even - but long periods of time are hard. I dread the day they move out and I don't see them often!!! I'm hoping they all live next door to me?

Petra said...

by the way - the ppl that are all "I can't wait til the kids move out" - I don't get that. of course, I have ALWAYS had kids since I was 17, so I'm not sure what I'll do with myself when they move???