Saturday, November 17, 2007

Why Matt, Why??

So I decided to paint the kitchen... Then I was like, why not just slap some new countertops in while I'm at it, how hard can that be? Off I went to get the new countertops, and of course one thing ALWAYS leads to a freaking other thing, so now I've TOTALLY destroyed the kitchen and I'm wondering if I'll get it back together this weekend or not?!?!?

I took the sink out, ripped off the countertop and am trying to get the damn dishwasher out...

We bought that dishwasher not too long ago, but it doesn't work right, so I thought I'd see if I can 'fix' it!! LOL!! I'm NO dishwasher mechanic it turns out, so I suppose I'll just throw the damn thing in the trash and get another one... I'd take it back, but the place I bought it from went out of business (I wonder why?)...

So I'm sitting here eating, trying to get the strength up to go back and try and get the kitchen put back together before Carolyn kills me! :)

9 comments:

Jackie said...

LOL!! isn't it funny how the projects seem to snowball out of control!?!?

Yea, how is Carolyn doing fixing dinner with no kitchen?? She is impressive!! :D

Matthew said...

LOL! It's STUNNING how one thing can lead to another... I threw that damn dishwasher in the trash and FINALLY got the cabinets ready for the new countertops. We'll see how long it takes to get the kitchen back in order, luckily though, we do have two kitchens, so Carolyn MIGHT not kill me... :)

Petra said...

LOL! You are a madman! You just can't stop, can you?! :)

Matthew said...

LOL! I kind of HAD to do something with that kitchen as the rooms all around it have been all redone, so the kitchen was sort of an eyesore... :)

I'll stop one day, I swear!! :)

Jackie said...

CLEVER... two kitchens!! :D

Jackie said...

i love to cook, so would have probably started with the kitchen..

oh, we did start with the kitchen! :)

Titus said...

last comment was me..

WHO is marci? said...

you are a maniac matt! lol. and you say I'm a work-a-holic, I would say you are, just in home improvements :)

um, thanksgiving is coming up? going to denny's then? :)

Matthew said...

LOL Marci! I suppose I am, but I honestly can't wait to just get it all done so I can relax for a while! We'll see how that works out! I was thinking this summer I'd have this all done by the end of the year, now I'm thinking if I have it all done by next summer I'll be doing good!! So HOPEFULLY next summer, I'll be relaxing at my bar in the pool house watching the kids swim!!! :)