Thursday, November 15, 2007

Our First Real Fire...

As amazing as it may be, this is actually the first time we have ever had a real fire...

The kids had a great time though, I taught them all how to make a fire, and they each wanted to start it... So I went the democratic route and had them choose a number from 1 - 20... Chance won, so he got to start the fire! We've lived here for almost 7 years, yet we have always burned those 'fake' logs... We did have a bit of an alarm, we all started smelling something burning, so we ran outside to see if anything was amiss, then ran up to the attic to make sure nothing was burning. Seems like all is well! :)

7 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, I was going to Photoshop the pic to get rid of the red eye, but I didn't... Obviously! :)

Matthew said...

Chance is SO funny, how blessed am I?? I have a GREAT family and I thank God every day for what he has given me. My family is the most important thing in my life, and I thank God every day for what he has done for me and what he has given me! Hopefully everyone else who reads my blog will take a moment and thank God for what they have!!

Petra said...

The living room looks nice, and looks like the kids are enjoying the fire! We have a gas fireplace, so we don't get to have 'real' fires here... lol. Oh well.

Speaking of counting our blessings... I am reading a book about the holocaust and wow - just makes me really really stop to thank God for my blessings. Not that I didn't before. But we Americans are SO blessed and SO rich... it's amazing.

Matthew said...

Yeah, it's AMAZING how many Americans don't realize how truly blessed we are to live in such a GREAT country!

Jackie said...

The living room looks great and glad you got the fire place going with "real" logs! Nothing is more comforting on a cold night than a warm fire and some hot coco! :D ENJOY!

Yes, you are all right. People don't stop often enough and be thanful for being born into such an amazing country. I thank God everyday for Titus and my little critters! :D Hopefully, He will continue to bless us with a few rugrats.

Petra said...

You know, it just dawned on me...

WHY would you have been buying the fake logs for 7 years, when I know for a fact you have 7 years worth of chopped wood in your back yard?! Just curious there. lol :)

Matthew said...

LOL! Good question there Petra! Probably more like 20 years worth as I have about 10 massive trees laying out behind the pool area that I still need to cut up! So who knows?? :)