Sunday, November 23, 2008

Uh, Yeah...

Has it been a week already?? I suppose it has, hard to believe that it is nearly Thanksgiving... The kids are getting excited about dragging down all the Christmas decorations though, I suppose we all are though, fun time of the year! We don't really plan on doing much this week though, the kids are out of school, I have to work and Carolyn has school (except Thursday and Friday). We were going to go down to Tonya's, then changed plans because Carolyn's family was coming down, then that changed, so now we might just go out to eat and see a movie... We did get a turkey though in case we change our minds again... :) Why do people only cook turkeys on Thanksgiving? Of course maybe some people cook them all the time, who knows...

No, I don't have the office back together yet, and it's getting on my nerves... I finally finished grouting it all today though, so I suppose I'll be able to move everything back in tomorrow, which will be nice, because the contents of the room have been scattered throughout the downstairs for the past several weeks... Perhaps I'll post some pics later, I have been awful about taking them lately though, probably because everyone keeps passing around a cold and I just haven't felt like it... Hope everyone has a great week though!!

4 comments:

Petra said...

I have only cooked turkey on Thanksgiving, but yeah - I have wondered that too - why ONLY on Thanksgiving? I guess b/c it's such a hassle and turkeys are so huge? I don't know. lol! I feel kind of relieved not to be cooking a big meal this year though. I have cooked a huge meal for the past few years (I guess the last time I didn't was the last time you hosted T'giving at your house and I attended).

Can't wait to see the office. :) I hope everyone gets over their colds; we've actually managed to avoid colds/flus so far this season (knock on wood). :)

Andrea said...

I never cook turkey on Thanksgiving. Or ever. Turkey is so gross. I usually make a ham or something, although this year I think we're just doing chicken. Since we're both not feeling great.

Matthew said...

LOL! It is rather a silly thing when you think about it, "Let's have turkey, but we are only going to cook turkey one day a year!" Not only are we only going to have turkey one day a year, but on that day we'll get up at the crack of effing dawn, stuff the thing, cook it and then slave over a stove for the rest of the day and finally collapse when it is time to enjoy the lovely feast... :)

Hope you guys get to feeling better!

Tim said...

Around here they cook turkey alot. I suppose because of all the wiild turkeys and hunting season :). We were at a friends house a few weeks ago and had turkey fried in a deep frier. The boys enjoyed it :). We only have it at Thanksgiving though, maybe it's what you grow up with.