Sunday, November 09, 2008

Note To Self...

When the temperature is only going to be in the low 60's and it is going to be windy, DON'T wear short sleeves and shorts! Yeah, I can't wait until Spring, and it isn't even Winter yet... We decided to take off to Red Top Mountain yesterday for some hiking and a picnic...

About to start off on the trail... Yeah, it's not exactly wilderness hiking or anything... :)

They always drain a lot of the lake this time of year, but enough is left to enjoy the scenery...

Tanner contemplating what to do with the 'crust'... He ended up removing it... :)

That rock would normally be under water, and it will be again come Spring!

Carolyn has more pics posted on Facebook if you are interested in seeing them... :)

7 comments:

Petra said...

I saw Carolyn's photos on Facebook too. Looks like a fun day! That lake is beautiful. I'm with you on the inproper attire though - brrrr! I go out with my kids here and I'll have on a coat, scarf, hat, gloves while they are in a t-shirt going "it's so hot!" lol!

Jackie said...

Great pics!! Looks really pretty!

Yeah, you look cold! :D

Titus said...

LOL!!! grrrr... more pics on facebook. :D


--Jackie

Matthew said...

LOL! It's simple to join... :)

Tim said...

Cool trip, love the photos. I like seeing things normally underwater. Is that a man-made lake?

Matthew said...

Yes, it was made by the Army Corps of Engineers. They divert a lot of the water from some portions of the lake during the fall/winter...

Tim said...

I was thinking it was