Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Got Tagged...

Well, not really, but I stole this from Petra's blog... :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial!! I had a real one once, never again…

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime Thanksgiving weekend, perhaps tomorrow this year… :)

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year’s weekend.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really…

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm… I don’t really recall, actually the only thing I can even remember off hand is those bricks, and I’m not even sure they were for me, I think they were for all of us…

7. Hardest person to buy for? Never really thought about it, my mentality has always been: “Don’t like it? Feel free to throw it away or regift it!” :)

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids…

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, not on the front lawn or anything, but we have one…

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I think e-cards are tacky…

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I think all gifts are great, at least whoever gave it thought of you, even if the thought was, “Jeez, we’ve gotten everyone something except Matt, do we have anything we can throw some wrapping paper around?” :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Not a huge fan of them actually…

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually January 1st, depends… :)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah! :)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham!

16. Lights on the tree? Tons and tons! Can’t have too many lights, and yeah, only white ones! I hate those multi-color lights...

17. Favorite Christmas song? Pretty Paper.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home! It’s the one holiday I think kids should wake up in their own home, although once they are older, let’s travel! If everyone wants to… :)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I suppose I might be able to if I started singing Rudolph… :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Depends on which one isn’t broken… We have both, and whichever one of them ‘stays’ the best is what it is…

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stressed out morons, the uppity type, and the type who would get offended if they found out that you actually *gasp* regifted! Relax people and just enjoy it!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Whatever is in the “ornament” boxes goes on the trees, quite varied actually…

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, potato salad, and all the trimmings!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I could care less, I really care more about getting my wife and kids stuff… I always tell everyone not to even bother getting me anything, but if you must… I try to think of something they can get me, and in my kids case, that won’t dip into their “fund” too much…

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Who knows…

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Hmm… Titus.

4 comments:

Petra said...

Bricks? That must have been before my time. It sounds REALLY exciting though. lol!

Yeah, you and I are on the same page. Uptight and holidays don't mix. People need to just chill. :)

I like 'Pretty Paper' too. I like Randy Travis' version. About the only time of year I still listen to him is Christmas.

Matthew said...

I suppose that was before your time, it was on Morning Glory though, they were basically fake bricks... :)

Petra said...

Yeah, that's the house I was born in and we only lived there until I was a couple months old, I think.

Jackie said...

LOL, yeah, I think you are right on #27. :D He is blogged out for a bit... but I'm here!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!