Sunday, November 16, 2008

Have I Mentioned...

How much I detest cold weather?? Ugh! It's here to stay though until March I suppose... I don't get a whole lot done outside when it is cold out, and keep in mind that "cold" is pretty much anything below 60 degrees... :) I did get the slate put down in the office though...

This is pretty much how I spent my weekend...

I DID get it done though, well, not done yet, as I still have to seal it and then grout it, a chore I hate nearly as much, if not more, than actually laying the slate... We'll see if that gets done in the next few days, although I'm sure it will because I can't not have my office back together... :)

Something else that has been killing me lately is hearing all these people comparing the current economic mess with the Great Depression...

I've not yet seen anyone living like this...

Or this...

Nor is it likely that we will see people living like that... Will it get worse than it is right now? Probably... Are we all going to be living in "Hoovervilles"? Doubtful... You hear some of these doom and gloom people talking about the end of times, stockpiling food, etc, etc... Reminds me of some of the kooks who sold all their shit before Y2K and moved to the hills. Idiots!

We did watch some movies this weekend as well, nothing like a roaring fire in the fireplace and a good movie to watch on a cold night! 'The Bank Heist' was pretty good, so was 'Street Kings'... I also liked 'Lions for Lambs'. Of course the places we get movies are running out of options, we got 'Color of Freedom' and 'He Was A Quiet Man' for tonight, I'm not getting my hopes up on those two though so we'll see how they are. :)

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Man does my camera suck!

Petra said...

The slate looks GREAT!

I don't function well in cold weather either. :-P

Oh I know - it's so ridiculous. Heck, gas prices just went down! I had no stocks, so obviously that whole scene affects me none, but still.

The only one of those movies I've seen is Lions for Lambs. Andy and I saw it in the theater. The acting was good, but it just seemed like two hours of propaganda to us. And of course, Andy hates it when they don't portray military correctly. He's like "how hard is it to get a military consult in there?" lol.

We watched "Iron Man" (I had already seen it, but Andy and some of the kids hadn't). I loved it just as I did the 1st time, but Andy had the same complaint "hire a military consult to tell you 'hey, that uniform is wrong', etc." haha!

Matthew said...

Thanks!

I didn't really take it to be propaganda myself, it kind of showed both sides, but did lean left, but that is no different than the vast majority of the news outlets... :)

Color of Freedom was pretty good, I'd pass on He Was A Quiet Man though...

I'm with Andy, if you're going to do it, get it right... :)

Titus said...

Slate looks awesome!!

Don't get me started on the news outlets!!! GRRRRR it is so annoying. And can't actors just act? I don't care who you voted for a why! Just do what you do, no opinions needed, thank you! :D Boy, that was firey!!! :D

Jackie

Matthew said...

I'm with you that actors/singers should just shut up and act/sing... :)

Tim said...

Love the slate, I showed the pics to LeRoy too. It looks beautiful.

I agree with the comparison with the Great Depression. I hear a lot of it from people around school who have no concept of what it is to do without things. Amazing how people feel like they relate to difficulties when they have had none that compare.