Friday, October 31, 2008

I Did It...

Vote that is... Turns out it was a waste of time because Carolyn and my votes kind of negated each other, so we really could have both just stayed home and it would have had literally ZERO impact... for the rest of the votes, I just voted against the incumbent. I think more people should stop voting along party lines, and just start voting against the incumbent for a few years and maybe they will get the hint... Anyway, I'm just glad I got it over with today, even though I did have to wait in line for over an hour, of course 'poll workers' aren't the brightest lot in the world, if you get my drift... :)


Bo got a hair cut last week, Tanner looks like he needs one...

Taylor in her costume...

Everyone...

Ready to go... We really splurged on "costumes" this year as you can tell...

So everyone got a huge sack of candy and other treats and are all eating them now... :)

8 comments:

Jackie said...

The kids look great.

So, did you close your eyes and vote like you said?

Petra said...

The kids look great! Yeah - I spent one dollar this year (Jacob's pirate hook/patch/earring - which also came with coins and a telescope - from the Dollar Tree). The rest are recycled from our costume box. Justice wears the gillie suit pretty much every year. :)

Taylor look so pretty! Glimpse of things to come with the makeup, huh? :) :)

No early voting here, I have to wait until the 4th. And I uh - sent Andy's absentee registration in a couple of days too late - oops - so he can't even vote. Oh well. My bad! :-P

Matthew said...

LOL Jackie, no, I voted for McCain... What made up my mind is the arrogance of Obama acting as if he has already won, and to a certain extent, the idiots who are writing articles claiming that "the streets will run with blood" if he (Obama) loses... Yeah, we don't crown kings here, you have to actually win the election...

Petra said...

Have you seen all the latest about Obama's 'doctored' birth certificate and his grandmother remembering vividly him being born in Kenya??

Wouldn't surprise me if he really wasn't born in the U.S. But I'm sure no one will be able to prove anything - and even if they did, the fanatics wouldn't even CARE, I don't think!

Matthew said...

Yeah, I've seen all that birth certificate stuff... I doubt it will have any impact, even if it is true. I'm sure the DNC has properly vetted their candidate though, and if not there are enough Dems in power to "correct" it...

Tim said...

We'll be voting tomorrow. Kids look great though. We recycled costumes too. They both wore their costumes from last year :).

Jackie said...

YIPPPPEEESSSS!!!!! ONE MORE DAY!!! But, can we handle the TRUTH??? Sooooo scary what will happen.

Oprah has a two day special on her show.... apparently, she knows the outcome already! :D

Petra said...

lol Jackie!

Yeah Matt - too true. The Dems will make sure nothing negative can be proven. We've already seen that. The media will help out as well.