Thursday, October 16, 2008

Field Trip...

So yeah, same old thing going on around here... Yesterday I went with Taylor and her class to the Bartow History Center on a field trip, for some reason I only took about 3 pictures...

Off we go...

Inside the center learning about the Cherokee Indians that used to live around here before the Federal Government made them all go to Oklahoma... :)

After we got home, our neighbor took Carolyn and Taylor to a horse farm down the road...

They had a good time, now Taylor and the boys want to take horse riding lessons... So I suppose we'll sign them up, I always enjoyed being around horses myself...

Other than that, same old thing going on around here... The kids are off of school tomorrow, so we are going to take them out to the Etowah Indian Mounds in Cartersville for a family excursion/learning trip... :) I did finally get the rails around the deck, but for some reason I've not been taking many pictures lately, I go through phases where I'll take tons of them, then practically none...

The next few weeks should also be interesting, I'll be glad though when the election has come and gone myself, I'm rather tired of it all... Seems like this presidential election has been going on for nearly two years?!? I suppose it will all be over soon enough though, I'm sure half the country, if not a higher percentage, will be glued to the TV on November 4th along with me waiting to see the results... :)

2 comments:

Petra said...

Taylor is so pretty. :)

I like horses too. They have riding on Fort Bragg, so I'll probably take the kids once we move - see if they like it. :)

Tim said...

Horse lessons are excellent. The boys are excited about getting a horse in the spring. We haven't started lessons yet, too busy with other stuff :).

Etowah mounds sounds interesting. I love taking history field trips :).