Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lightly Matt, Lightly...

So I decided to "lightly" sand that bar today and give it another coat of stain... Sigh. I ended up sanding, sanding and sanding some more... Oh well, I'm always of the opinion, do it right... :)

So let the three day process begin... Tomorrow I will give it another coat of stain, and then Tuesday will put the spar urethane coats on it to protect it from the weather. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself, it will look like a piece of furniture in three days... :)

Yesterday I went over to my neighbor's house for a BBQ (Jimmy's), but dinner wasn't ready yet. One of Jimmy's friends has a kid who has MD and he was dying to get in the water, so I took him over to swim while they finished cooking. Anytime you think you have 'issues', just go visit a family who has a child with a disease like that, it will make all of your 'issues' seem quite small... Great kid btw!

Chance with his snake yesterday, yes, he still has quite a LOT of pets... Yes, I AM aware that he needs a haircut... :)

This picture is for you Brittany! It is our sunflowers. Our neighbor gave us some when they were about 3 inches tall, it hasn't flowered yet, but I'll post another pic when it does... ;)

3 comments:

Petra said...

lol! I am a perfectionist when I am working as well. *sigh* It's looking good though! :)

I don't thank God enough for six healthy children!

Brittany has been fervently caring for her sunflowers... I'm sure she'll be delighted if they grow that tall! lol

Matthew said...

Yeah, it's hard wanting it all to be perfect sometimes... :(

You and me both Petra, thankful EVERYDAY that I have healthy children!!!

The funny thing about that sunflower is, my neighbor gave us a few and my other neighbor a few, ours are huge, my other neighbor, hers have already flowered, the person who grew the seedlings, hers all died... :)

Matthew said...

Or actually Petra, ditto what you said! I don't thank Him enough!