Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sigh...

Yeah, wow! Has it been 10 days already?? I suppose it has, and I HAVE been busy actually, seems like I only work when it is 90 degrees or hotter outside, but I prefer it that way... :)

This is what I've been working on most recently... Yes, that is a LOT of concrete, 3200 lbs to be exact...

Of course before I had to haul all that concrete up, I had to haul a ton of gravel up first... I'm finally getting around to getting concrete down in these walkways and the stairs I'm putting by that side gate there... So I can put the flagstone down and get this OVER with!! :)

I managed to get the sides and that little walkway done, working on the stairs now. Ugh!


Of course this is how the kids amuse themselves while I'm toiling away... Which is how it should be, that's why we built the thing... :) It IS 92 degrees after all, and nothing like a swim in hot and humid weather in GA!

I'm really waiting on my hired help to get here, I have so many chores to do that I HATE doing, I'm making a list of the stuff I ABSOLUTELY don't want to do... :)




4 comments:

Tonya said...

That's great!!! I'd hate to do all the work though. Ugh!! Of course, I'd prefer cooler weather, but you know that's how I am. lol

Jackie said...

That looks great!

The pool looks like a blast!!!

Matthew said...

Thanks, hopefully I'll get the flagstone down soon... :)

Once Justice get here that is so he can carry it over for me, unless he's still sick!! Ack!!

Titus said...

Looks great. I'm sure it's nice to have that concrete in.. I need to do quite a bit of it myself, but of course that's in a loooonng list of to do's so who knows when..