Monday, January 26, 2009

Death In The Family...

Which is why I've not been blogging... Actually, the kids all decided they wanted some fish and half of them died, but it sounds like a good enough excuse to me... :) So they are still learning how to "raise fish", I just keep telling them that the strong will survive...

Yeah, other than that, not much going on. I'd post some pictures, but I haven't taken any in forever, I don't even know where my camera is although I think it is on the back of the piano...

So hopefully I'll get motivated to start taking some pictures soon, I'm running out of movies to watch and am tired of movies anyway. Chance, Tanner and I are thinking of taking a backpacking trip, Carolyn and Taylor are not interested, so we'll see how that works out. I suppose we'll start out with a few hikes and go from there... :)

So I'll let everyone know how that works out... I am signing all the kids up for Taekwondo classes, so they are excited about that. They have a gym for the adults to work out while the classes are going on so I may even amuse myself by doing that while they are in their classes, who knows. I've never worked out in my life though but hey, why not?

I also took all the kids to the dentist today, so that's always fun. Remember that tooth Chance ripped out about a year ago? Then there was the root canal and all the other procedures? Yeah, now it has to come out because it never "took", so we have to go see an oral surgeon to have that done and then he will have to get an implant... I don't think he is looking forward to all that, well, he told me he was a "little nervous" but not too much... Myself? I just can't believe how expensive it is going to the dentist these days, what can you do though...

All I know is I'm excited that January is nearly over because I CAN'T wait until Spring is here, I'm way over being cold!! I'm freezing right now and I'm inside with the heat on?!? I think I've finally figured out that the reason I'm so cold all the time is because I have no body fat, perhaps we should relocate to a warmer climate? At least during the winter anyway... Or perhaps I should just start eating a lot more... :)

7 comments:

Petra said...

Yeah, you got me with the title. lol!

I hate being cold too. I don't take near the photos in the winter that I do in the warmer months! It has to be a special occasion (I do have some of Jacob's birthday I need to post). I am seriously thinking that Florida will be our next and final destination after North Carolina!!! Andy concurs!!! :)

Matthew said...

lol, I thought it was amusing... :)

Yeah, I'm thinking FL sounds good myself because I really don't feel like living out West. The only thing I DO know is I'm tired of being cold!

I do need to work on the pictures though, Chance asked me the other day why I didn't have any pictures of them on my blog, then he said: "When you do finally put some on there, don't you think everyone will be surprised that we've grown?" :)

Petra said...

lol @ Chance's comments. Yeah, it takes effort to take and post photos... All my January photos (the few that there are) are still on my camera.

We are thinking of the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area. Have thought of it for years actually. I love the Gulf side of Florida - and yes, there are bugs and humidity... BUT there isn't snow or excessive rain!!! :) I like the sunshine. :) I have a friend who lives a mile from the beach in South Florida - and man, her photos on her blog (hanging at the beach in a t-shirt on Christmas, for example) make me so jealous. ha! :)

WHO is marci? said...

NICE TITLE - scared me for a minute, thought i missed someone dying... that would be horrible!!

working out is fun, i did while i was at Home depot, with a personal trainer, i've never felt better in my life

Matthew said...

lol! Hey, I have to amuse myself somehow... :)

Tim said...

Too bad about Chance's tooth. We have the dental bills to look forward to also. I took the boys in January and Nick is looking at braces when his baby teeth finish falling out and Binks will need a spacer in a year and a half. Thankfully the insurance here looks pretty good for some of it.

Fish do die easily, we had them off and on through the years.

Jackie said...

Ya can't do things like that!!! :D

It scared me to DEATH too!! :D But sadly my mind went to... HOWS BO??? :D I do love the animals!! :D