Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spring Is Near...

Of course I do realize that there could still be plenty more cold, we've had snow here before in April, but who cares... It is supposed to be close to 80 degrees here today!! What is up with no blogs in nearly two weeks?!? Sigh. Oh well... Yesterday a friend of ours and I took the kids to the AMA Supercross at the Georgia Dome, Carolyn was going to go, but changed her mind as she decided she did not want to mingle with 55,000 other people downtown at the Dome, and really, who can blame her, I didn't either, but the kids wanted to go, so...

First stop was to our friends house to have a party for Lucas and pick them up, so we hung out, grilled hot dogs and had cake...

Yes, I left my camera in the truck, but managed to "steal" these from Kevin's FB page. The kids loved it! Me, yeah, it was okay... I did enjoy the "Main Event" where the pros were racing, the kids were a bit bummed that their favorite lost, but it was an exciting race.

Sitting in the nose bleed seats, but still a good view. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it. The thing I hate about events like that though, is when it is over, trying to get out of there along with 55,000 other people... Luckily we had gotten a good parking space in a church parking lot across the street from the Dome and managed to get out the back and avoid the interstate and most of the traffic, whew!

So yeah, that is what is going on. Still no final decisions on anything else. Hopefully within the next few weeks. :)

2 comments:

Petra said...

Yeah, I think we all blogged a lot more before Facebook. :)

I'm sure my kids would love something like that - I hate the crowds too, though. :)

Matthew said...

Yeah, I really hate going to events where there are a gazillion people, the kids love it though... Sigh.