Friday, January 22, 2010

Grandma Woods ~ 1917 - 2010

I'd say rest in peace, but who would want to rest when you can praise God and sing with the angels? Which is exactly what Grandma is doing right now, as well as seeing Harley again after all these years! I know that everyone has fond memories of Grandma, she was great! She lived a long, full life though and is in a much better place now! Sadly, I am still missing many photos prior to the mid 90's, but I did manage to find a few...

Not sure when this was, early 90's I think, Grandma and I having our birthday party...

Ditto...
This was in 1989, Grandma did not think I could carry her, so I had to prove her wrong... :)


I do know that she was ready to go, and I know that we will all see her again one day. If God chooses to give me as many years here on this earth as he gave Grandma, I will consider myself lucky. I have however instructed my wife and children to have a party in lieu of a funeral for me, as it should be in my opinion. Yeah, I know her last name is not Woods now, but I will always remember her as Grandma Woods! Good memories, good times! Till we meet again!

6 comments:

Titus said...

Great post Matt, and well said. I'll always remember her as Grandma Woods too. She was an awesome Grandma, and I'm thankful that she is now happy. I'll always retain my fond memories of her.

Tim said...

Good thoughts Matt. I always thought of her as Grandma Woods too. I know she will be happy to see Grandpa!!

Rick said...

I wish that I had some pictures to post of Grandma. I remember a time when Me, WC, Terra, and I think Tonya went with Grandma and grandpa up to PA somewhere. I don't remember much about the trip other than when we at at Wendy's. I told them I didn't like Wendy's burgers (cuz I wanted mcdonalds) and Grandma pointed out that I sure did eat all of my food. It was funny. She always had a way of pointing things out. I will always remember her as Grandma Woods as well. Kudos.

WHO is marci? said...

she was a wonderful grandma and passed her "no fear" mantra to a lot of people :)

Petra said...

I love all these photos and the memories! That was really funny when you picked her up (that's me in the background on the way back from the mailbox - lol). I always had a good time with her!!

Matthew said...

Yeah, good times! We all have our memories of Grandma, and that is what makes her so great! She had so many grandchildren, but made each and every one of us feel special! She was great!